Law School Discussion

MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010

All right, I've calmed down a bit. But I still hate topic proposals.

Still no callbacks.  Talked briefly to my parents about moving back in and working in a secondary market.  Going to get so drunk tonight.

It's still early in the game. I just got my first one this morning.

It's still early in the game. I just got my first one this morning.

I guess that makes me feel a little better.

I got a quasi-callback from a firm in a secondary market I spammed.  "Attorneys are interested and pleased to speak with you."  Not sure what that means.  Nothing from OCI yet.

They're also suggesting that people not focus on circuit splits -- they're narrow and boring.

My professor told me that this is the point of a legal journal topic.  They must be both narrow and boring in order to make an original contribution to the academic literature.  He told me that the narrower the issue, and the more boring, the less chance that I will be preempted and contribute.  (But this is for CLF and my own interest in publishing something, so take it with a grain of salt.)

I met the author of the necessity paper.  Cool guy, graduated 08, clerking on the 5th Circuit now.  (Or already finished with clerkship?  I forgot.)

nerfco

• U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
I met the author of the necessity paper.  Cool guy, graduated 08, clerking on the 5th Circuit now.  (Or already finished with clerkship?  I forgot.)

Finished now. He is awesome.

Multiple choice question:

The number of 2010 (current 3Ls) applying for clerkships this cycle is:

A. Up by 50%+
B. Up by 25-50%
C. Up by 0-25%
D. Same or less than last year

Guesses?

nerfco

• U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Multiple choice question: