Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 423383 times)

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
course schedule is up doods and doodettes!
U of C 2010

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
course schedule is up doods and doodettes!

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm starting to think that you were right about our OCI.  Pipelines are, indeed, painfully limited by market saturation.

". . . nothing comes from nothing,
The darkness from the darkness. Pain comes from the darkness
And we call it wisdom. It is pain."

-- Randall Jarrell, "90 North"

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
As much as it pains me to say it, I'm starting to think that you were right about our OCI.  Pipelines are, indeed, painfully limited by market saturation.

You'll get in everywhere you apply!

But seriously, hang in there. There should be enough jobs in the end, for everyone here to find something good. It might not be through OCI, but who knows.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, stay positive - I imagine firms are being a little more cautious with callbacks and maybe won't extend them until they finish interviewing at the other T6 schools in the next few weeks.

I definitely got a callback last year 2+ weeks after the OCI even though I heard that other people had already heard from this firm. The person who called said they wanted the same partners who had interviewed on-campus to make the calls and he had been out of town immediately after for a week and didn't get a chance to call.
U of C 2010

IlliniBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
I absolutely suck at topic proposals, but topic proposals during OCI of DOOM are pure torture.

IlliniBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
They told us about it, but in a "use it at your own peril because you'll probably be preempted" way.

I think of all the law review tasks, this one is going to be my least favorite. I've spent around 20 hours on each one of these. I absolute hate it.

IlliniBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm so damned aggravated about these topic proposals. I have no idea where the hell to start. I know nothing about anything. I try to read about some area of law and I quickly figure out that I have no clue what the hell anything is talking about, and I don't have the time to sift through 200 pages of statutes to figure it out. This absolutely sucks. I'm practically seeing red.

IlliniBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
All right, I've calmed down a bit. But I still hate topic proposals.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Still no callbacks.  Talked briefly to my parents about moving back in and working in a secondary market.  Going to get so drunk tonight.

IlliniBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
It's still early in the game. I just got my first one this morning.