Law School Discussion

MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010

somebody message me and tell me who's transferring? i know who played strahi, but who else?

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
OK, then there's at least one more person going to a school not on that list. Still, 4 = 2% of class, so that's not too many.

nerfco was talking about our class (2010), not yours. We had four transfer out: two to Yale, one to NYU, and one to Duke.

No idea on your class, but I do know one person transfered out to Yale.

I know- I was referring to my class as well. I thought it was four also, but now I'm hearing five.

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Ah, my bad.

To my surprise, I got DC interviews, despite low bid status.  Can anyone please tell me something about these firms?

Latham DC
Gilbert Oshinsky
Crowell & Moring
Kirkland DC

Also, if anyone wants to talk NYC:

Hogan
MoFo
Skadden

500 Days of Summer really is High Fidelity for those who weren't around for Cusack's charm, but I'm not ashamed to say I loved both movies.  Go out and see 500 Days!  My highest recommendation.

i hate this thread.

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/students/registrar/booklist

Booklist for fall is up; you can see which class/prof combos are being offered but not the times. I imagine the class schedule is not too far behind.

Most interesting things based on my glance: no Henderson for Corporations, Baird is teaching Secured Transactions and Mortara is coming back for Fed Jur.

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Huh. Quite a few (recent) graduates are back teaching as adjuncts. I see one 2007 grad on the booklist, a 2008 grad just accepted a fellowship here so I imagine he'll teach something, and I was recently told that another 2008 grad was going to be teaching something in the fall.

Also, if anyone is looking for recommendations, two of my most favorite classes are being taught in the fall: Mortara's FedJur (far and away the best) and Bernstein's Legal Scholarship (depends on the kind of person you are).

List is still pretty incomplete, it seems, just going on the fact that at least one 1L class is meaning (don't see either Torts or Property, and I assume at least one of them will be in the fall).