Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 416525 times)

Illini Boy

• View Profile
Thank you. This board is a fountain of information I'm too stupid to discover myself.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
This season is going to be wierd.  The Jets might actually win the AFC East, though they'll have to overpower the Bills, too, and they looked strong today.  Bloggers are saying that Brady is out for the season, as well as Vince Young.  After the Chargers upset and the Colts game, I don't know what to think.

I predict a break-out year for the Saints (even moreso than two seasons ago) and a Cowboys-Steelers match-up in the Super Bowl.  Also, if the Bears continue playing like they did today, there might no shame in being a football fan who lives in Chicago.   :P

Did I nail half of that or what?

(looking for OCI tips in the old posts . . . all I found was Etienne complaining and some FedSoc comment about women speaking in the LS)

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I hate that the class schedule doesn't come out until so late. I'm trying to plan things other than school and it sucks that we don't know until right before classes start. (Assuming I go to class this year.)

OCI = Have mercy on your soul.
U of C 2010

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
http://www.blogdenovo.org/archives/001584.html

I'm not sure which is worse -- this or the Kirkland thing.

Really one of the skeletons that 2009 should keep in the closet.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
What's the Kirkland thing?
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What's the Kirkland thing?

"A natural lull" video.

Why?  Are you prepared to defend mock fashion court proceedings?  No harm done if you are.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
I'll defend the mock fashion court thing. I like the abject silliness of it, especially Strahi's response. Stuff like that makes me appreciate the law school.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Okay, cool.  I think the abject silliness is why I put it on par with the Kirkland video, but I can see someone reading it the other way.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
Okay, cool.  I think the abject silliness is why I put it on par with the Kirkland video, but I can see someone reading it the other way.

he responded in-class too....but he stopped wearing his amazing ties  :'(

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
My favorite line still is:

Defendant does not lecture. Defendant uses the Socratic method.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.