Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 421502 times)

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4360 on: December 23, 2008, 09:27:23 PM »
When are we going to get our grades given that Henderson is done grading (and I know one of my seminars is done as well)? Did any of you 3Ls get grades by Xmas last year?
U of C 2010

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4361 on: December 23, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
I'm envious that you guys get it back so much faster than we do.  Do you recall when you got first quarter grades back last year?

I felt ambivalent when I left the exam, or even fine, but now I'm worried because others seem more worried.  Ah, well.  Best to stop thinking about.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4362 on: December 23, 2008, 11:14:55 PM »
I'm envious that you guys get it back so much faster than we do.  Do you recall when you got first quarter grades back last year?

I felt ambivalent when I left the exam, or even fine, but now I'm worried because others seem more worried.  Ah, well.  Best to stop thinking about.

Jan. 22nd

(I'm not crazy, but I remember it was the Tuesday after my wife's birthday.)
U of C 2010

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: December 23, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »
I don't know how to check grades.  Prestigious?

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: December 23, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
I'm ambivalent.  I'm sure that some neurotic 1L will show me soon enough.  Something about my online Chi account, right?  I know nothing more of it.

What did you guys do before grades came out?  Spend a week chewing your sweaters?  Get really really drunk every night?  Debate the merits of moving to another city and pretending you never went to law school?

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4365 on: December 24, 2008, 12:12:11 AM »
That's why I'm not bothering with it, either.  In this day and age of FB status updates and me living in New Grad, I'm sure I'll know within thirty minutes or an hour of when they're posted.

I honestly don't want to know at this point.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4366 on: December 24, 2008, 07:19:18 AM »
Maybe Bosco's right and it was the prior Tuesday, the 15th. Either way, it was a lot earlier than I was expecting since most people told us don't expect grades until the 28th or so.

U of C 2010

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4367 on: December 24, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »
I got a seminar grade this morning, so I'm answering my own question that yes, it is possible to get grades before Xmas.
U of C 2010

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: December 24, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »
But are the seminars really "graded"?  I heard the curve isn't that tight, and that the emphasis is on publishing/writing a substantial paper.  I may be wrong, however.

I keep procrastinating with job stuff.  This is terrible.  On the other hand, the Property E&E totally put future interests in perspective.  I feel like I get it now.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4369 on: December 24, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »
But are the seminars really "graded"?  I heard the curve isn't that tight, and that the emphasis is on publishing/writing a substantial paper.  I may be wrong, however.

I keep procrastinating with job stuff.  This is terrible.  On the other hand, the Property E&E totally put future interests in perspective.  I feel like I get it now.

Seminars are graded in the sense that you get a grade on the 186 scale that counts towards your GPA so that's all I care about. Was it the most difficult class I've ever taken - no - but I did have to turn in three writing assignments and I'm glad with the way it turned out.
U of C 2010