Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 418590 times)

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4350 on: December 21, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »
I know that some of you had Gersen, so perhaps you can explain to me why he has exams up but no memos or sample answers.  Am I supposed to guess as to what works and what doesn't?  It seems extremely unfair, though I guess it's a curve, so it's as unfair to everyone.

No battery for the religious girl and pork in 2005, right?  Battery requires intent.  None of that there.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battere
« Reply #4351 on: December 21, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
I always just say I try too hard, love too freely and care too much... and then burst into song...

cue "i have confidence" from the sound of music complete with choreography. i would hire you ASAP.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4352 on: December 22, 2008, 01:46:43 AM »
Thinking about dropping sports law to take advanced crim.  Anyone have any thoughts?

I am in both. Can't you drop some other class instead? (Actually, I'm only in Advanced Crim if the first week entices me more than Crim Pro, and if Samaha scares me off with too much work/socratic.)

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: December 22, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »
According to Henderson's Twitter, the average length of the Corporations exam was 17 pages.

I am so royally screwed.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: December 22, 2008, 07:03:29 PM »
According to Henderson's Twitter, the average length of the Corporations exam was 17 pages.

I am so royally screwed.

I guarantee you didn't write less than me, so don't worry.

1,980.  Can you beat that?

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4355 on: December 22, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »

I am so royally screwed.

1283  :o

What does Henderson say? Something like short and right is better than long and right, to say nothing of long and wrong. As long as your 1283 was all right, then you're in good shape.
U of C 2010

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: December 22, 2008, 07:16:03 PM »

I am so royally screwed.

What does Henderson say? Something like short and right is better than long and right, to say nothing of long and wrong. As long as your 1283 was all right, then you're in good shape.

He never said anything about short and wrong though...

Okay, you win.  I feel better.  Thanks!   :D

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4357 on: December 22, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »

I am so royally screwed.

He never said anything about short and wrong though...

Fair enough... as long as you rocked Tax then you're in good shape :)

(This is very tongue in cheek because I know Tax rocked my world as well - capital gains, what capital gains?)
U of C 2010

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4358 on: December 22, 2008, 07:41:03 PM »
Definitely true here.
U of C 2010

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: December 22, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
I have no idea how an answer can be long and wrong.  I mean, as long as the BLL/issues are on point, and you analyze for pages, it's gotta be win-win, no?