Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 422544 times)

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4320 on: December 14, 2008, 02:06:08 PM »
So from that email Henderson sent out, it seems as though, at one of the classes I missed, he explained the structure of the exam. Umm... anyone willing to email me a summary of what he said?
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4321 on: December 14, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »
So from that email Henderson sent out, it seems as though, at one of the classes I missed, he explained the structure of the exam. Umm... anyone willing to email me a summary of what he said?

Or could someone post it here....I missed this class too I missed all classes

FIXED!!

Just kidding :) Ummm... the exam will be three questions: one issue spotter, 30 T/F questions and one policy question. He claims that it will be relatively straightforward, etc etc, but they all say that.
U of C 2010

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4322 on: December 14, 2008, 03:21:11 PM »

Or could someone post it here....I missed this class too I missed all classes

FIXED!!

Just kidding :) Ummm... the exam will be three questions: one issue spotter, 30 T/F questions and one policy question. He claims that it will be relatively straightforward, etc etc, but they all say that.

Haha, thanks.  Just to be clear on the T/F....we have to have an explanatory sentence for every T/F question right?...not just the ones we think are ambiguous

I think so. If you look at one of his old exams I think it specifically mentions that each answer should be no more than 25 words and some explanation may simply be a case/statute reference.
U of C 2010

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4323 on: December 14, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »
Good idea 1Ls - having a party celebrating the end of finals before finals are over is very smart.
U of C 2010

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: December 14, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »
Good idea 1Ls - having a party celebrating the end of finals before finals are over is very smart.

To be fair, they might as well.  They will be done and not like any non-1L would show anyway.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: December 14, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »

*puts coat back in closet*

*steps back into room*

Does any 2L have reassuring words about Elements?  After two weeks of taking practice exams, I feel like I've learned nothing, and that it's largely an aptitude test, anyway.  Shame on me for trying to go beyond words of wisdom from 2Ls.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: December 14, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »

*puts coat back in closet*

*steps back into room*

Does any 2L have reassuring words about Elements?  After two weeks of taking practice exams, I feel like I've learned nothing, and that it's largely an aptitude test, anyway.  Shame on me for trying to go beyond words of wisdom from 2Ls.

Yes.

Just go in, read carefully, use the Strauss checklist (but judiciously - don't just throw unrelated stuff in to try and gain points).  It isn't a typing test, so think carefully and don't word vomit.

And think of it this way - no other law school exam looks like Elements, so either relish that brief shining moment (if you like that sort of thing) or just grin and bear it knowing this is 7.5% of your 1L grades and something you will never have to suffer through again (if you don't).
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: December 14, 2008, 06:33:54 PM »
And think of it this way - no other law school exam looks like Elements, so either relish that brief shining moment (if you like that sort of thing) or just grin and bear it knowing this is 7.5% of your 1L grades and something you will never have to suffer through again (if you don't).

You make writing an Elements exam sound pretty inspiring. I don't suppose you can inspire me to study for Corporations, while you're dishing out words of wisdom?

Also, this policy question... Any ideas on what it will be about? Should I read "The Company"?

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4328 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »

You make writing an Elements exam sound pretty inspiring. I don't suppose you can inspire me to study for Corporations, while you're dishing out words of wisdom?

Also, this policy question... Any ideas on what it will be about? Should I read "The Company"?

I hacked into Henderson's secret files... the policy Q is:

The market is always right. Discuss the obvious truthfulness of this statement. YWIA!
U of C 2010

deadfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: December 14, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »

I'm pretty scared for corps.  I just finished "outlining" which was basically me reading his slides and deciding which ones to copy and paste into a Word document.  Now I'm looking at some exams and they might as well be in another language.

that is exactly how i feel. Henderson's email didn't exactly ease my anxiety. Did anyone read the Company?