Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 419318 times)

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4320 on: December 13, 2008, 04:35:10 PM »
I took my exam today! Yay me!
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4321 on: December 13, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »
I took my exam today! Yay me!

Good job!  You're already done?  Too good to take 8 hours?
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: December 13, 2008, 05:20:41 PM »
Word limit. Nothing more to be done.

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: December 13, 2008, 06:01:20 PM »
My first exam today, too. *Grumble grumble Trademarks blah*

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: December 14, 2008, 02:06:08 PM »
So from that email Henderson sent out, it seems as though, at one of the classes I missed, he explained the structure of the exam. Umm... anyone willing to email me a summary of what he said?

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4325 on: December 14, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »
So from that email Henderson sent out, it seems as though, at one of the classes I missed, he explained the structure of the exam. Umm... anyone willing to email me a summary of what he said?

Or could someone post it here....I missed this class too I missed all classes

FIXED!!

Just kidding :) Ummm... the exam will be three questions: one issue spotter, 30 T/F questions and one policy question. He claims that it will be relatively straightforward, etc etc, but they all say that.
U of C 2010

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4326 on: December 14, 2008, 03:21:11 PM »

Or could someone post it here....I missed this class too I missed all classes

FIXED!!

Just kidding :) Ummm... the exam will be three questions: one issue spotter, 30 T/F questions and one policy question. He claims that it will be relatively straightforward, etc etc, but they all say that.

Haha, thanks.  Just to be clear on the T/F....we have to have an explanatory sentence for every T/F question right?...not just the ones we think are ambiguous

I think so. If you look at one of his old exams I think it specifically mentions that each answer should be no more than 25 words and some explanation may simply be a case/statute reference.
U of C 2010

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4327 on: December 14, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »
Good idea 1Ls - having a party celebrating the end of finals before finals are over is very smart.
U of C 2010

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: December 14, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »
Good idea 1Ls - having a party celebrating the end of finals before finals are over is very smart.

To be fair, they might as well.  They will be done and not like any non-1L would show anyway.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: December 14, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »

*puts coat back in closet*

*steps back into room*

Does any 2L have reassuring words about Elements?  After two weeks of taking practice exams, I feel like I've learned nothing, and that it's largely an aptitude test, anyway.  Shame on me for trying to go beyond words of wisdom from 2Ls.