Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 420094 times)

Visual Dictionary

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4220 on: September 08, 2008, 12:00:02 AM »
Do you think that the Patriots can still win without Brady or Samuel?  I don't know.  I think we'll see a 9-7 type of season out of them and a divisional or wild-card loss. 
Yep.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4221 on: September 08, 2008, 12:29:51 AM »
As a Jets fan, I, naturally, remain pessimistic.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

totherescue

• UChicago 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: September 10, 2008, 08:03:57 AM »
do Greenberg seminars count as the one seminar per quarter you can take?

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4223 on: September 10, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »
do Greenberg seminars count as the one seminar per quarter you can take?

No, I emailed Pontus and he said that you don't have to do the 2 seminar form if one of yours is a GB.
U of C 2010

JusAbstinendi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: September 13, 2008, 02:34:32 PM »
Question: What is the policy for sharing exams from the UC exam repository with other schools? Students elsewhere are requesting exams from me, but I'm not sure whether this is allowed or how it's done.
University of Chicago '11

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: September 15, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
The BLSA outline repository is now password protected. WTF.

They lawannounced'd the password earlier.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4226 on: September 19, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »
I like the old ID card better....who's with me?

i haven't picked it up but i totally agree based on the photo in the email.

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4227 on: September 28, 2008, 10:06:39 AM »
Corporations with M. Todd--what do we have to do tomorrow?

Welcome back to the Law School. I hope you enjoyed your Summer, and are as excited for the return of school as I am.

For our first class on Monday, please read the following:

Pages 200-212 in the textbook, Klein, et al., Business Associations, 6th ed.

Pay special attention to the hypothetical cases on pages 200-202. We will discuss these in depth. We will probably not get to the Walkovszky case until Wednesday, but it is always good to be about a day ahead, as the schedule will vary depending on class circumstances.

Also, please read sections 101, 106, 107, and 108 of the Delaware General Corporation Law, and sections 2.01, 2.03, and 2.04 in the Model Business Corporation Act (1984).

See you Monday!
U of C 2010

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
grad student housing people,

for the first time in 2+ years, i find myself out of money on my laundry card with one load still requiring a dryer. i know the chicago card can be reloaded at 24 hour places (reynolds and the library); is that the same as our ghetto professional laundy room management cardy-thingamagig/is there somewhere i can reload my card at before i attempt to harass neighbors/go to the laundromat with wet clothes/experiment in air drying?

i never thought my life would end up like this.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
grad student housing people,

for the first time in 2+ years, i find myself out of money on my laundry card with one load still requiring a dryer. i know the chicago card can be reloaded at 24 hour places (reynolds and the library); is that the same as our ghetto professional laundy room management cardy-thingamagig/is there somewhere i can reload my card at before i attempt to harass neighbors/go to the laundromat with wet clothes/experiment in air drying?

i never thought my life would end up like this.

I have nothing to offer you by way of help (although if you want to come use my dryer you're welcome to), I just want to laugh at your predicament.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.