Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 421071 times)

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4210 on: September 02, 2008, 07:12:42 PM »
Did anyone bother going to OCI orientation? Anything of value (the "schedule of events" for it seemed to suggest it would be incredibly meaningless)?

I'm not on till Thursday, but good luck to everyone who starts interviews tomorrow.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battered"
« Reply #4211 on: September 02, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »
Did anyone bother going to OCI orientation? Anything of value (the "schedule of events" for it seemed to suggest it would be incredibly meaningless)?

I learned that all you need to do to make women happy is buy them some $7 hand lotion.

No, you need to buy them some $7 hand lotion in a Neiman Marcus bag.

So clearly you missed the point.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

Hazard

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 2009
    • View Profile
Re: UChicago Class of 2010: "Limping Towards the Finish Line Bruised and Battere
« Reply #4212 on: September 02, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »

I'm not on till Thursday, but good luck to everyone who starts interviews tomorrow.

I can't believe so many people skip an opportunity to hear Levmore talk about employment. You really missed out.
I'm posting constructively.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: September 02, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »
I didn't know Levmore was going to speak.

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

Reaching

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: September 02, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »
When do Greenberg seminars meet? The answer isn't given in the course descriptions.

Visual Dictionary

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4215 on: September 07, 2008, 11:57:04 PM »
This season is going to be wierd.  The Jets might actually win the AFC East, though they'll have to overpower the Bills, too, and they looked strong today.  Bloggers are saying that Brady is out for the season, as well as Vince Young.  After the Chargers upset and the Colts game, I don't know what to think.

I predict a break-out year for the Saints (even moreso than two seasons ago) and a Cowboys-Steelers match-up in the Super Bowl.  Also, if the Bears continue playing like they did today, there might no shame in being a football fan who lives in Chicago.   :P
Yep.

Visual Dictionary

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4216 on: September 08, 2008, 12:00:02 AM »
Do you think that the Patriots can still win without Brady or Samuel?  I don't know.  I think we'll see a 9-7 type of season out of them and a divisional or wild-card loss. 
Yep.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: September 08, 2008, 12:29:51 AM »
As a Jets fan, I, naturally, remain pessimistic.

totherescue

• UChicago 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: September 10, 2008, 08:03:57 AM »
do Greenberg seminars count as the one seminar per quarter you can take?

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4219 on: September 10, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »
do Greenberg seminars count as the one seminar per quarter you can take?

No, I emailed Pontus and he said that you don't have to do the 2 seminar form if one of yours is a GB.
U of C 2010