Law School Discussion

MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010

MP

• UChicago 2L
    • View Profile
Haha, Regents isn't flooded.  I just realized I made that sound a lot worse than it is.  But all along the windows in my living room and bedroom was completely soaked.  Starting from the windows and going like 4 feet into each room there was basically one big puddle - not even just wet, but an actual puddle.  It was basically pouring rain from the top of all the windows for about an hour (most of that was before stupid bosco realized).  I know it happened in the gf's apt upstairs too, and I know it's happened to other apts in Regents before, so I'm assuming it happened to a lot of apts last night. 

And thanks MP!

Whimper. I am so coming back to mildew and mold  :'(

Hazard

• UChicago 2009
    • View Profile
So I just used 45/50 bids for OCI. Overkill?
Yes.

Drop them later. Just be sure you're not dropping the ones near the end because they're near the end. Drop ones that you don't like (IP, litigation only, corporate only, etc).

MP

• UChicago 2L
    • View Profile
So what does the triangle with the exclamation point mean (the no multiple interviews sign)?  For example, if I'm bidding on Latham NYC and Latham Chicago... there are two separate offices to bid on, but each one has that symbol.  What does it mean?  Thanks!

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
It means that you will only interview with one of those offices for both locations.

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
So does anyone know when class schedules usually come out?

MP

• UChicago 2L
    • View Profile

I thought we didn't even hear about course selection until after Labor Day? 

Pontus has said that it will come out next week at the latest.

I think we don't actually sign up or do the seminar lottery until then, but I think the list is coming out soon.

Last day of SA tomorrow... present for secretary or not? (I was thinking card and gift card)

MP

• UChicago 2L
    • View Profile
Last day of SA tomorrow... present for secretary or not? (I was thinking card and gift card)

I say yes.  I'm getting my secretary flowers I think and card, and then I'm getting my two mentors something too.  Shopping this weekend!