Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 418058 times)

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2010
« Reply #1700 on: July 07, 2007, 09:36:08 PM »
Netflix's WatchNow feature is absolutely amazing. All the benefits of my other methods of instant movie/tv watching, without the guilt/legal ramifications. Just watched "Run Lola Run" (good movie, btw), and now I'm thinking of checking out a couple "Office" episodes.

Oh, woe is having a craptastically slow computer.  Reminds me I need to go configure and buy the XPS 1330 so I no longer have this problem.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: July 07, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »
2 days since MP's last post  :'(

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: July 07, 2007, 10:08:06 PM »
Scratch 'The Office', someone finally convinced me to watch 'Dead Like Me', and luckily its on Netflix's WatchNow as well.

On MP: I think a public shaming should be utilized at this stage. Of course, would we truly notice such a relatively brief absence if not for the fact we want her to change the thread title?

(sorry MP)
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 07, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »

On MP: I think a public shaming should be utilized at this stage. Of course, would we truly notice such a relatively brief absence if not for the fact we want her to change the thread title?

(sorry MP)

I would notice...she brings an attitude of hope and innocence in an lsd world devoid of both

Just kidding...I just just want her to change the title

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 07, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »
Stuck in an office, bored out of my mind bump

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 07, 2007, 11:07:48 PM »
I'm not gonna bring my car, but I'm kinda thinking the same thing.  I'll see how it goes for the first couple of months and if it really sucks not having a car, I'll bring mine.  For me it just seems the convenience wouldn't be worth the cost of parking/gas/insurance, so I probably won't end up bringing it.

Unmetered street parking is abundant in Hyde Park. I'm not sure how safe it is, though.

From what I remember, most people parked in Regents, which was about $140 a month, and then a spot by the school was around $30 a month.  I wonder why more people don't take advantage of the unmetered parking.  I'd guess it's probably not that safe.

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1706 on: July 08, 2007, 01:14:13 AM »
Few things:

1. The MTV reality shows are largely faked. A bunch of my law school friends are from California and have had friends on Next, etc. Apparently it is all completely scripted.

2. Bring a car. I highly recommend it if you already have one.

3. Don't pay the $30 for parking. I don't even know if it is still available, but I paid for it 1L year (you pay in advance) and never, ever used it.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1707 on: July 08, 2007, 01:45:54 AM »
1. The MTV reality shows are largely faked. A bunch of my law school friends are from California and have had friends on Next, etc. Apparently it is all completely scripted.

A friend of mine produced a few episodes of Next. I can confirm this (if it wasn't already obvious).
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

LQC Lamar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 08, 2007, 04:13:33 AM »

A friend of mine produced a few episodes of Next. I can confirm this (if it wasn't already obvious).

I had a next door neighbor who worked on "Cheaters."  Totally real.

Oh, and if there was ever a question about whether Next, etc. are scripted, just watch them.  There could never be that large of a population of 16-24 y/o idiots using that many cheesy puns without being told they have to.  No offense intended to your friend, EE.

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 08, 2007, 07:54:03 AM »
Because ASW is over, and we need a 2010 thread :)

By the way, I'm going. Who else is in?

So far:

Attending

Me :)
AshleyChristina
Purveyor
Pre-Annonymous
ILoveUncleJesse
Buffettologie
IPWannaBe
Sillyberry
Bosco1385
Boogles04
LQC Lamar
Sooner
WhoDAT
Boulevardier
Randy Savage
Jimfoolery
That Girl Anon
Nerfco
Michelle.d
Hayek
Leftprotected
Jela
Kkmcb
Prajna

Regents People - or at least people on the waiting list so far
Again, me - 1BR
Bosco - 1BR
IPWannabe - 1BR
LQC Lamar - 2BR
MTG - 2BR
Pre-Annonymous - 1BR
Buffettologie - 2BR

Ah my beautiful MPark:  Congrats on your decision to attend Chicago!  I wish you the best of luck.  When will you move to the windy city or are you already in the vicinity?
Yale 2010