Law School Discussion

MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2010
« Reply #470 on: May 13, 2007, 08:01:38 AM »
RE: Regents

I'm interested in learning more about the cable/internet service as well. Is it wireless, or do you have to jack in somewhere? What about cable TV providers?

in need of some help.... my mother is currently telling me what an incompetent idiot i am for wanting to live in regents, and i need to nail down what the true monthly cost is:

rent: 725 for 2 bdr/1095 for 1 bdr
utilities: 60/month-- is this set? does it vary? what does it cover?
cable/internet??? are you requred to get/pay for cable? is wireless internet included in the bldg or does it cost extra?

???

thanks in advance

I think, for utilities, you can safely put down 50-60 a month per person if you're living in a 2Br... but around 70-90 a month if you're living in a 1Br. I'm basing this on the post on the admitted students board and what I seem to remember from the leasing agent when we did the tour there.

Also, don't forget $145 a month for parking (if you need parking).

« Reply #471 on: May 13, 2007, 08:27:44 AM »
thanks for the help!

one more question... have any of you found out your stafford/perkins loan eligibility yet? i had emailed machen and he said early summer, but i was wondering if ppl had already started to find out...

thanks!!!!!

« Reply #472 on: May 13, 2007, 10:10:13 AM »
I just got my Harvard waitlist and I'll be withdrawing. I am now 100% sure I'm going to Chicago in the fall!

I am very mad at Ms. Berntie.  Lies, all lies!   :'(

Hey! It wasn't a lie! I planned to send in the withdrawal form but then I went home for the weekend and forgot about it. So then Wednesday I got the phone call e-mail. My main reason for wanting to withdraw was that I figured I wouldn't get in, and if I did I would find out in August and by that time I wouldn't want to change all my plans and move to Boston.

So yeah... long story short I swear I didn't lie because I planned on withdrawing but Harvard preempted me.  And I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to Harvard but I still love Chicago and hope you all have a wonderful time there!

« Reply #473 on: May 13, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »
I just got my Harvard waitlist and I'll be withdrawing. I am now 100% sure I'm going to Chicago in the fall!

I am very mad at Ms. Berntie.  Lies, all lies!   :'(

Hey! It wasn't a lie! I planned to send in the withdrawal form but then I went home for the weekend and forgot about it. So then Wednesday I got the phone call e-mail. My main reason for wanting to withdraw was that I figured I wouldn't get in, and if I did I would find out in August and by that time I wouldn't want to change all my plans and move to Boston.

So yeah... long story short I swear I didn't lie because I planned on withdrawing but Harvard preempted me.  And I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to Harvard but I still love Chicago and hope you all have a wonderful time there!

It's what we Catholics call a sin of omission.

Good thing I'm agnostic!

« Reply #474 on: May 13, 2007, 11:09:10 AM »
Sorry Bosco! I was just remembering a conversation we had a while ago about how SCAP needed to tell Toby to let MP, Hank, and I in.  But you know I want you to come to Harvard too!

« Reply #475 on: May 13, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »
From this moment on I decree there will be no more talk on the UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO CLASS OF 2010 thread of piddling your panties (yes, I mean those pink frilly things you wear, bozo) for Toby Stock and Harvard.

Take it somewhere else.

« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2007, 11:12:56 AM »
Good call sillyberry! Sorry for the hijack!

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 13, 2007, 02:59:12 PM »
From this moment on I decree there will be no more talk on the UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO CLASS OF 2010 thread of piddling your panties (yes, I mean those pink frilly things you wear, bozo) for Toby Stock and Harvard.

Take it somewhere else.

Fascinating.

Congrats on Harvard, berntie!  I was surprised because I too remembered something about your withdrawing from the waitlist. 

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 13, 2007, 03:57:36 PM »

Take it somewhere else.

Someone's been talking to my dry cleaner  ;)

...but sorry you're right, no more Harvard or Toby talk...unless it's Toby from the West Wing.  Anyone else a huge West Wing fan?

I just watched the episode with the African president and the pharmaceutical industry. 

Industry exec: Even if we provided free AIDS medication to anyone in Africa for as long as they need it, that would still make little difference.

Josh: Why?

Toby: They don't own wristwatches. 

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 13, 2007, 03:59:07 PM »

Take it somewhere else.

Someone's been talking to my dry cleaner  ;)

...but sorry you're right, no more Harvard or Toby talk...unless it's Toby from the West Wing.  Anyone else a huge West Wing fan?

Everyone kept bugging me to watch that show... so I never did (same thing happened with 'The Sopranos' before I started watching that on DVD). But I regretted that, so I've been more open to suggestions since then. :)