Law School Discussion

MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010

Re: University of Chicago Class of 2010
« Reply #460 on: May 12, 2007, 04:05:21 PM »
I proudly removed myself from the Harvard waitlist.  I don't like being barely wanted, I don't like the idea of a big school, and I don't like Logan Airport.

Pretty easy decision.

I like them playing hard to get with me (it's like the all-knowing Christina Aguilera once said "If you love something let it go, if it comes back it's yours, that's you know"), don't mind the size, and I can walk to Harvard from here....but I agree that Logan sucks.

See, I prefer Britney's "Thereís nothing you can do or say, baby.  Iíve had enough.  Iím not your property as from today, baby."

And there is an ice cream truck outside and it is taking all my effort not to run out there and get an ice cream sandwich.

I also seek wisdom from Britney, but as it relates to Harvard, I look to:  "I'm a slave for you.  I won't deny it, I'm not tryin to hide it."

I have no idea why I thought you posted somewhere that you removed yourself from the Harvard waitlist.  I must have been hallucinating.

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 13, 2007, 06:16:43 AM »
#$^*@ And another one bites the dust.

« Reply #462 on: May 13, 2007, 06:33:44 AM »
I just got my Harvard waitlist and I'll be withdrawing. I am now 100% sure I'm going to Chicago in the fall!

I am very mad at Ms. Berntie.  Lies, all lies!   :'(

« Reply #463 on: May 13, 2007, 06:48:20 AM »
I've changed my mind.  I hope everyone who really wants to go to Harvard gets in and goes to Harvard.

I don't want be in a place where everyone is pissed that they're not at their first-choice school.  That's one of the things I really loved about Michigan - so many people were giving up higher-ranked schools because of an overwhelming love for being a Wolverine.  That's how I feel about my choice to attend Chicago, and I want classmates who feel the same.

« Reply #464 on: May 13, 2007, 07:01:04 AM »
Sillyberry will probably be even more pissed...she'll have to find a new young stallion to try to seduce.

(Note to self - you're going to school with these people in a few months, stop typing the first thing that pops into your head)

Let me say this again...like that's going to be difficult.

(I was going to type "like that's going to be hard," but decided I didn't want to deal with your smartass response).

« Reply #465 on: May 13, 2007, 07:05:34 AM »
hollaaa i decided to stop being lazy and start posting again

sb-- i am a horrible horrible whore and realized i forgot to send u the japan recs-- how was your trip???

i think im about to lose my roommate to the harvard w/l, booooooo harvard tho yay for her

what are y'all up to on this sunny sunday?

don't forget to call your mothers ;) 

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 13, 2007, 07:15:30 AM »
#$^*@ And another one bites the dust.

Who now?

Not sure, but the other day I was looking at LSN's UChicago attending students and I looked again today and we're done one more.

« Reply #467 on: May 13, 2007, 07:18:08 AM »
hollaaa i decided to stop being lazy and start posting again

sb-- i am a horrible horrible whore and realized i forgot to send u the japan recs-- how was your trip???

i think im about to lose my roommate to the harvard w/l, booooooo harvard tho yay for her

what are y'all up to on this sunny sunday?

don't forget to call your mothers ;) 

Oh, no worries.  But I do like people who call themselves horrible horrible whores, cause it makes me laugh, so feel free to do that whenever.  Japan was good.  I keep saying I'm going to post a very long recap, but I haven't yet.  Maybe I should work on that today.  And getting my pictures uploaded.

Wow, I completely forgot about mother's day...thanks

I'm mad at my mom.  Maybe I should walk across the house and be nice.    :D

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 13, 2007, 07:20:52 AM »
you, MP, anonymous, and the rest...(by the way, I think the four of us are the only ones left who really post on this thread)

In my defense, I'm still in school for another month.

You guys have no defense! You should be lost in one huge bachalenia, one that toes the line of what will be mentioned on all future 'Character and Fitness' reports.

Note: If you are engaging in debauchery AND posting on LSD... well, my hats off to you, cause thats just impressive.

« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2007, 07:55:24 AM »
in need of some help.... my mother is currently telling me what an incompetent idiot i am for wanting to live in regents, and i need to nail down what the true monthly cost is:

rent: 725 for 2 bdr/1095 for 1 bdr
utilities: 60/month-- is this set? does it vary? what does it cover?
cable/internet??? are you requred to get/pay for cable? is wireless internet included in the bldg or does it cost extra?

???

thanks in advance