Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 422597 times)

MP

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 2L
    • View Profile

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
BAFF

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 01:38:36 PM »
tag
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »
tiggety tag
Columbia 3L

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »
99.9999% sure...although the book store was closed when I went to get a hoodie, so I'm not committed yet.

lol...why didn't you get a hoodie when they were selling it during wine mess?
Columbia 3L

berntie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »
99.9999% sure...although the book store was closed when I went to get a hoodie, so I'm not committed yet.

I'm just about as sure as bosco that I'll be at Chicago! And I'm really excited that bosco has adopted my hoodie-buying method as a sign of commitment, although I didn't end up buying one because I didn't feel like dropping another $50 on something I won't wear for a few months...

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »

lol...why didn't you get a hoodie when they were selling it during wine mess?

They were selling them at the wine mess? I totally missed that.

i'm observant  ;)  (and my host was the one in charge of selling them  :D)
Columbia 3L

berntie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 03:39:32 PM »

I'm just about as sure as bosco that I'll be at Chicago! And I'm really excited that bosco has adopted my hoodie-buying method as a sign of commitment, although I didn't end up buying one because I didn't feel like dropping another $50 on something I won't wear for a few months...

Is that tiny bit of uncertainty because you might eventually hear from Harvard, or are you also still considering another school?  Was it UVA you were still thinking about?

Nah, only a bit of uncertainty because I haven't officially committed yet.  I'm going to start withdrawing from other schools this week and I'll withdraw from Harvard if I don't hear by the end of the month.  I just want to get this decision over with!

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 03:40:39 PM »
I think I want to try to find a roommate for Regents, but I didn't meet anyone that I would want to live with who's already decided on Chicago.  The 1 BR would be nice, but so would the 400 bucks or so a month I'd save with the 2 BR.

I'm actually not sure about that either. I want to put myself on the waiting list at Regents as soon as possible, but I don't want to go for a 2br and end up with a random and crazy roommate (and I did hear a couple crazy random roommate stories from the current students). Then again, I figure I can take out the max amount and use the money that would go for health insurance (already have it) and transportation (no car) and put that towards the extra cost for a 1br

if i go we could be roomies  :)

(but since i'm no where near decided, don't count on that  :()
Columbia 3L

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 03:45:20 PM »
MCB...were you talking to me or MP?

was talking to MP...sorry, but boys r too messy to be my roomy  :D ;)
Columbia 3L