Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 421370 times)

ipwannabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2010
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2007, 08:28:30 PM »
when do you think we will get our new emails?  ;)

i mean, what would make your decision seem more real? sending in your commitment letter, or joining uchi's facebook network? hehe

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2007, 08:33:52 PM »
For me, I think my decision will be made most real when I burn, with the requisite bacchanalian chanting, all the letters, documents, etc. the other schools sent me. I just need to set a date.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

apriori

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2007, 08:37:29 PM »
Don't know what you mean by 'Devon', so I'm guessing I didn't go there. :)

But yes, you have found a fellow Philly classmate. I think I met one other during ASW.

I currently live in Philadelphia (I attend Drexel University), and finished up my last 3 years of high school an hour or so out of Philadelphia (Pottstown, PA).

devon prep..it's a boys' school in devon, pa, and its students kind of hang out with the girls from my high school.  i go to psu but i live in king of prussia.  cool!

I'm the guy from Devon...also a big Sixers fan.  I'd be on this thread more often if I didn't get a surprise acceptance from Columbia when I got home from ASW.  I'll be visiting there Monday, but Chicago will be tough to top.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2007, 08:46:43 PM »
They say law school is like high school, so why not revert back to the days of emailed surveys?  You know you want to...

1. What is your user name and why did you choose it?

2. Where were you born?

3. Do you like to drive?

4. Favorite type of food?

5. Favorite beverage?

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

7. What book have you read the most times?

8. Favorite TV channel?

9. Favorite movies?

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life?

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards?

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me?

13. What is your dream vacation?

14. What is your favorite article of clothing?

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now?

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being?

17. Can you cook?  If so, what's your best dish?

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most?

19: What is your favorite board game?

20: How excited are you to have fun die?
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2007, 08:57:57 PM »
Put up or shut up, right?

1. What is your user name and why did you choose it?  It was sillyberry, which is an AOL name of mine from about 1997.  I think "maroonberry" should be obvious.   :)

2. Where were you born?  Dallas, TX

3. Do you like to drive?  Love it.  See #2.  Driving totally clears my head.

4. Favorite type of food?  Lately I'm all about Persian foods.  But pretty much all types of ethnic food makes me happy.

5. Favorite beverage?  Mojitos on the patio in summer.

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Life.  Good with or without milk.

7. What book have you read the most times?  The Thorn Birds.  And I cry every damn time.

8. Favorite TV channel?  Bravo, mostly because they constantly run marathons of shows I like.

9. Favorite movies?  When Harry Met Sally, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Sweet Home Alabama, assorted fluff

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life?  Sandra Bullock.  I like to think we share a spunky brunette thing.

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards?  Williams-Sonoma.  ::swoon::

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me?  I am me, but yes.  Drunk karaoke is one of life's great pleasures.

13. What is your dream vacation?  A yacht, the Greek islands, and a great group of friends.

14. What is your favorite article of clothing?  My Old Navy yoga pants.  Great for sleeping or running errands!

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now?  Another Beer in Mexico.  (Yes, I'm a big fan of country)

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being?  Nope.  I really only drink coffee after fancy dinners.

17. Can you cook?  If so, what's your best dish?  Yes.  A mild white fish (usually tilapia) with a beurre blanc sauce and angel hair pasta and asparagus.  Delish.

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most?  Dallas Mavericks. San Antonio Spurs.  Duncan can suck it.

19: What is your favorite board game?  Trivial Pursuit.  If anyone else thinks playing board games and drinking red wine sounds like a good time, let me know so we can be BFF.

20: How excited are you to have fun die?  Totally and completely excited.  I'm already started practicing being dull.

ipwannabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »
amazingness!

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »
1. What is your user name and why did you choose it?

Well, cause I wanted to be anonymous at first.

Sad story: When I first signed up, I was shocked that such a common username was available. It was only a couple weeks later than I realized I had spelled anonymous wrong. :(

2. Where were you born?

Hartford, Connecticut

3. Do you like to drive?

I don't even have a license yet! When I started college, I was too young to have anything more than a learners permit in Pennsylvania... and then I didn't need a car in Philly, so I never bothered to get a license. I do know how to drive though, so I'm planning on taking the test sometime soon, since I'm guessing I will need a car in Chicago.

That being said, I don't LIKE to drive.

Can't narrow it down. I'm more likely to appreciate a good dish than an actual type of food.

For some reason I can't stand Greek food though. Probably just haven't come across the right dish.

5. Favorite beverage?

Shifts a lot. Right now I'm on a Green Tea bent... but I'm consistently a sucker for something with vodka in it.

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Probably 'The Cat in the Hat', followed closely by 'America: The Book'.

Most of the time, I read a book once or twice and move on.

8. Favorite TV channel?

No one channel stands out above the rest.

9. Favorite movies?

Huge movie fan. HUGE.

Favorite movies of 2006: 'Pan's Labyrinth', 'Children of Men', 'Thank You for Smoking', 'Stranger than Fiction', and 'Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story'.

Favorite movies of all-time (a partial list): 'Groundhog Day', 'Dr. Strangelove', 'The Maltese Falcon', 'The Great Escape', 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', 'Road to Perdition', 'Pleasantville', 'The Hustler', 'Do the Right Thing', and 'Bloodsport'. A few others, great ones at that, are probably slipping my mind.

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life?

The coolest one. If you're looking to the past, that would clearly be Paul Newman. Don't really know about the current actor that fits the description.

Sadly, being an Indian, for accuracy's sake I gotta say Kal Penn.

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards?

Sky Mall

Sober?

Two months in Europe WITH MONEY. If I had to narrow it down to a single country, it would probably be Italy.

Pockets.

Does that count?

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now?

I don't listen to the radio. :-?

I'm also truly incompetent when it comes to music. I mean, I love music, but I don't have the patience to actually explore bands and stuff. I usually rely on my more musically inclined friends to direct me where to download stuff.

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being?

Don't drink coffee regularly.

Can't cook at all... but I plan on learning this summer! At least some stuff.

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most?

Favorite: UConn Mens Basketall, followed closely by the Sixers
Hate: Oh so many. So, so many.

I'm sucker for the classic: Monopoly.

20: How excited are you to have fun die?

My fun died 4 years ago when I chose my current college. :)
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2007, 09:21:28 PM »
3. Do you like to drive?

I don't even have a license yet! When I started college, I was too young to have anything more than a learners permit in Pennsylvania... and then I didn't need a car in Philly, so I never bothered to get a license. I do know how to drive though, so I'm planning on taking the test sometime soon, since I'm guessing I will need a car in Chicago.

That being said, I don't LIKE to drive.

How old do you have to be to get a license in PA?  I got my license the day I turned 16...

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »
1. What is your user name and why did you choose it? It was originally Miss Celies Blues (from the Color Purple), but people kept shortening it to MCB, so I did as well.

2. Where were you born? Brooklyn, NY

3. Do you like to drive? I don't even have my license

French fries

5. Favorite beverage? Cranberry juice

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Damn...that's too hard! Either Apple Jacks or Fruit Loops

Flyy Girl

8. Favorite TV channel? MTV

9. Favorite movies? Too many to name

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? Dunno

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? Neiman Marcus, or any store that carries Gucci, LV, and a shitload of designer clothes/shoes/bags/etc

Nope

2 weeks in Greece

Jeans

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? Dunno

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being? Don't drink coffee

Nope, can't cook.

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most? Don't watch sports

Life

20: How excited are you to have fun die?  smashingly excited  ::) ;)
Columbia 3L

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »
MCB, I'm going to assume this means you'll be joining us in the fall.   ;D