Law School Discussion

MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010

I could never get it to work on my home computer, but it worked on my court computer. I have no idea why that happened. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Either way, what exactly are you looking for with amlaw? I thought it was a useless resource.

I'm looking to feel like I'm doing a damn thing to prepare for OCI.

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
I've mainly been relying on word of mouth and Chambers & Partners. Vault was ok at first, but it didn't seem that useful for what I was specifically looking for (or the city I am interviewing in, which is the same city as you, unless I'm mistaken, I seem to remember seeing you on a lot of the interview schedules I was on). AmLaw also seemed kinda fruitless.

Does anyone know the way to get the AmLaw rankings without a paid subscription?  I've gone through symplicity, registered for a free account, but I can't seem to make it happen.

I feel like I'm missing something...

American Lawyer is available on Westlaw under database AMLAW. Search for the ranking/issue you want.

I've mainly been relying on word of mouth and Chambers & Partners. Vault was ok at first, but it didn't seem that useful for what I was specifically looking for (or the city I am interviewing in, which is the same city as you, unless I'm mistaken, I seem to remember seeing you on a lot of the interview schedules I was on). AmLaw also seemed kinda fruitless.

Does it make me stupid that I had no idea you could look at the whole schedule?

totherescue

• UChicago 2010
    • View Profile
I could never get it to work on my home computer, but it worked on my court computer. I have no idea why that happened. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Either way, what exactly are you looking for with amlaw? I thought it was a useless resource.

i looked at the midlevel associate satisfaction rankings.

Hazard

• UChicago 2009
    • View Profile
The Vault rankings are only useful if you're in the main office and the main office is in NYC/DC/Chicago.

I used the information on AmLaw, Chambers, and Vault to tell me what the firm thinks it's good at.

Ugh.  Corporations and Admin have exams on the same day.

That just seems like poor planning with two very big classes.

Ugh.  Corporations and Admin have exams on the same day.

That just seems like poor planning with two very big classes.

If you take both classes, you can move one of them to the make up day.

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Taking admin with Masur instead of Epstein?

Taking admin with Masur instead of Epstein?

I would like to understand admin.  So yes.