Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 420177 times)

Boogles04

• View Profile
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2010
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2007, 01:12:57 AM »
Okay, here goes...

1. What is your user name and why did you choose it? Boogles04 - Boogles is the name of my teddy bear and 04 is the year I graduated college

2. Where were you born? Omaha, NE

3. Do you like to drive? Hate it!  Even though it was a necessity in NE, 7 years on the East coast and abroad has made me hope to never have to drive again.  Unfortunately, that may not be possible in Hyde Park.

4. Favorite type of food? Indian/Ethiopian/Mexican.

5. Favorite beverage? Milk

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Honey Nut Cheerios!  I know it's boring but there's something beautiful in its simplicity...

7. What book have you read the most times? Gone with the wind, but Harry Potter is a close second

8. Favorite TV channel? Tivo, I don't even know what shows are on what channel anymore

9. Favorite movies? Royal Tennenbaums/Mean Girls/Election

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? No idea - it would be one boring movie :)

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? IKEA

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me?  Any time!

13. What is your dream vacation?  It was the Himalayas, but I just went this year so I'm changing to Southern Spain/Morocco

14. What is your favorite article of clothing? don't really have one

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? I'm living in India this year, so the only songs I know are Bollywood schmaltz

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being? No, I hate coffee except in milkshake form

17. Can you cook?  Not really, but I love to bake desserts.

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most? Nebraska Huskers!  and the Chicago Maroons?  Least favorite is the Yankees.

19: What is your favorite board game? I love board games!  Favorite is probably Cosmic Encounter, but really anything besides scrabble is ok with me.

20: How excited are you to have fun die?  Super psyched!

polaremu

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2007, 01:41:25 AM »
I decided on chicago so I'll play

1. What is your user name and why did you choose it? Polaremu because it is my X-BOX screen name. I got it from the two coolest names that I saw online when I was playing with a guest account.

2. Where were you born? Palmer, Alaska

3. Do you like to drive? I do

4. Favorite type of food? Sushi or sashimi

5. Favorite beverage? Green Tea

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be? GoLean Crunch, its like the greatest thing ever

7. What book have you read the most times? Lord of the Rings trilogy, Ender's Game or Dune

8. Favorite TV channel? Comedy Central

9. Favorite movies? Star Wars, Old School, Lawrence of Arabia

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? Jim Carrey, now, not when he was playing Ace Ventura

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? Wal-Mart, I'm thinking practical, I can get anything.

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me?  I would have to be pretty drunk, but it happened last weekend for me so its not out of the question.

13. What is your dream vacation? Rent an island with friends and have some fun.

14. What is your favorite article of clothing? My basketball warm-up pants, I don't play any organized basketball anymore, but the pants are so versitile. Sleep in them, relax, go to class, work out. I wear them at least twice a week.

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? I'm more of a classic rock guy, not so much into most new stuff.

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being? No, but I am a pretty big tea drinker.

17. Can you cook?  If so, what's your best dish? Yes I can. My best dish is a chinese stir fry, I guess. I also make a pretty good turkey chili. 

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most? Carolina Panthers and I hate the Eagles the most.

19: What is your favorite board game? Trivial Pursuit

20: How excited are you to have fun die? I'm excited

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2007, 01:51:23 AM »
At least three Trivial Pursuit fans.  This is going to be AWESOME.
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2007, 02:21:49 AM »

\

totally cool....i was born in anchorage! only lived there for six months then relocated to CA but it's definitely rare to meet people born in AK in the 48...

polaremu

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2007, 03:01:11 AM »
Quote from: polaremu on Today at 01:41:25 AM

\

totally cool....i was born in anchorage! only lived there for six months then relocated to CA but it's definitely rare to meet people born in AK in the 48...

Yeah I didn't live there that long either. I moved when I was 4 or something, but I have been back for a few summers. Have you been up there since?

polaremu

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2007, 03:01:56 AM »
And yes, I am crazy pumped about our future drunken trivial pursuit nights

AshleyChristina

• AOL Instant Messenger - mochalaugh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2007, 03:06:24 AM »
 What is your user name and why did you choose it?

AshleyChristina - My first and middle name.

2. Where were you born?

Washington, DC
3. Do you like to drive?

Yep, although I just got my license a year ago

4. Favorite type of food?

um I'm a fatty. everything?!? macaroni and cheese, biscuits, lemmon pepper salmon, stirfry, fried chicken, apple pie a la mode, pasta alfredo

5. Favorite beverage?

non alcoholic - cranberry juice; alcoholic - changes but right now margaritas or redbull+vodka

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

raisin bran

7. What book have you read the most times?

kinda embarassed to say this but Flyy Girl - its entertaining and an easy read

8. Favorite TV channel?

tough one - hmm TNT because of all the Law and Order reruns?

9. Favorite movies?

Malcolm X, Sankofa, Closer, Talladega Nights, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Jerry Maguire, Boomerang, Bridget Jones Diary 1 + 2

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life?

Nia Long or Gabrielle Union

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards?

Neiman Marcus or Saks

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me?

loved to.

13. What is your dream vacation?

Changes but right now I really want to go to South Africa

14. What is your favorite article of clothing?

big manly sweatpants lol

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now?

Radio in NH doesnt really exist; currently playing on my ipod all the time is John Legend's "Again"

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being?

Don't like coffee except for caramel light frappucinos

17. Can you cook?  If so, what's your best dish?

yes....macaroni and cheese

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most?

love the Washington Redskins   hate the Dallas Cowboys

19: What is your favorite board game?

Taboo

20: How excited are you to have fun die?

very
University of Chicago '10

My life:

cody4bc  (3:03:11 AM): i wrote two sentences
cody4bc (3:03:21 AM): oh nevermind
cody4bc (3:03:37 AM): scratch that. i wrote one sentence and one sentence fragment

ML121: How much would you pay to have someone write your thesis?

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2007, 03:31:17 AM »

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most?

love the Washington Redskins   hate the Dallas Cowboys

Them's fighting words...I think we're gonna have to rumble...
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

ILoveUncleJesse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2007, 06:45:48 AM »
Don't know what you mean by 'Devon', so I'm guessing I didn't go there. :)

But yes, you have found a fellow Philly classmate. I think I met one other during ASW.

I currently live in Philadelphia (I attend Drexel University), and finished up my last 3 years of high school an hour or so out of Philadelphia (Pottstown, PA).

devon prep..it's a boys' school in devon, pa, and its students kind of hang out with the girls from my high school.  i go to psu but i live in king of prussia.  cool!

I'm the guy from Devon...also a big Sixers fan.  I'd be on this thread more often if I didn't get a surprise acceptance from Columbia when I got home from ASW.  I'll be visiting there Monday, but Chicago will be tough to top.

haha I'm still waiting on Columbia (and Harvard)...but it's looking pretty bleak.  And I'm pretty sure I would still go to Chicago anyway.  Congrats and have fun in NY

ILoveUncleJesse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »
1. What is your user name and why did you choose it? My user name is ILoveUncleJesse and I chose it because Full House is the best show ever and Uncle Jesse is the sweetest character.

2. Where were you born? a Philadelphia suburb you've probably never heard of

3. Do you like to drive? No, and I hope I don't have to bring my car to school next year

4. Favorite type of food? Cheeseless pizza, guacamole, and soup that I make up as I go along

5. Favorite beverage? Grape sports drinks

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be? the Wegman's raspberry granola stuff

7. What book have you read the most times? Gone With the WInd

8. Favorite TV channel? Food Network or ABC Family, it's a tie, and luckily they're 52 and 53 on my cable lineup this year so it's easy to toggle

9. Favorite movies? anything Will Ferrell

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? Rosie O'Donnell

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? Barnes and Noble

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me?  I'd give it a whirl

13. What is your dream vacation? a part of Italy where they don't speak English

14. What is your favorite article of clothing? my gray Penn State sweatpants

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? last night I heard "Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On" and it was spectacular

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being? No, caffeine seems to have no effect on me

17. Can you cook?  If so, what's your best dish? Yes, my lentil soup is a big hit even with meateaters

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most? the Phillies i guess, and the Cowboys (I'll be the girl in the Dallas Sucks shirt)

19: What is your favorite board game? I hate board games

20: How excited are you to have fun die? Sort of.  I'm excited about real intellectual stimulation and challenge and feeling like there's a point to the work I'm doing.