Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MP's Thread, or how to get paid $75K to sit around: also known as UChicago 2010  (Read 419351 times)

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Chicago Class of 2010
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2007, 10:55:33 PM »
7. What book have you read the most times?

I hate to say it, but Harry Potter (it's like comfort food!)

YET ANOTHER REASON TO COME HERE....when a bunch of law school friends and i went to see reno 911 at the amc downtown, we got free passes to a screening which turned out to be HARRY POTTER FIVE!!!! special effects weren't done yet but it was ridiculously fun to call all my friends afterwards and be like "guess what i just saw??"

Ahh that's exciting! I'm so jealous! :) (although you don't have to convince me, I'm already there - sent in my intent to enroll form and everything). How was the movie?

i liked the fourth one better (still think the 5th one is better than the other three), but my friends loved it. on one hand, it was hard to get into the battle scene at the end cause they just had these black smudges flying around where some cool stuff will be later on, so it was hard to follow at times. i was kind of bummed cause they took out the part where harry thinks sirius can come back as a ghost (which i LOVED in the book becuase i was pure bawling in that whole chapter) but it was kind of fun to see ralph fiennes' face with the blue and green dots where they're going to get rid of his nose!

LQC Lamar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2007, 10:57:12 PM »
1. What is your user name and why did you choose it? LQC Lamar.  I just like Justice Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar's name.  Really cool, right?

2. Where were you born? Ft. Worth, TX

3. Do you like to drive?  No.  The most exciting part about high $ billable hours is that it would pay to get driven (while you work).  As long as I'm always working, I'll never have to drive again!

4. Favorite type of food? Chinese, real Chinese, not American Chinese.

5. Favorite beverage?  Water.  Nobody drinks water like I do.

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Honey Nut Oh's

7. What book have you read the most times? Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, I don't reread books often

8. Favorite TV channel? Discovery HD.  If you've seen Sunrise Earth, it would be your favorite too.

9. Favorite movies? I dunno, Fight Club? maybe Rushmore or Bottlerocket

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? I've got a bit of an every-guy's face, so any white guy with brown hair will do.

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? Central Market

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me? No, no I will not.  Nor would anyone want me to.

13. What is your dream vacation? Anything set up by Abercrombie & Kent.  Seriously, when I'm rich, I'll just set up automatic withdrawal from my paychecks for them.

14. What is your favorite article of clothing? Anything given to me by my girlfriend.  Cheesy, I know.

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? NPR? Is that a song?

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being? I am intolerable with coffee, morning or anytime.

17. Can you cook?  If so, what's your best dish?  I used to be a professional.  I like to braise meats. 

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most?  I get bored with most sports.  I liked the US Postal cycling team, but they are no more.  I think I am most bothered by the University of Miami football team for the brawl last year.

19: What is your favorite board game?  Balderdash, Trivial Pursuit, Uno, Rummi Kub

20: How excited are you to have fun die?  Pretty damn excited.  I've had enough fun for a while.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2007, 10:58:41 PM »
7. What book have you read the most times?

I hate to say it, but Harry Potter (it's like comfort food!)

YET ANOTHER REASON TO COME HERE....when a bunch of law school friends and i went to see reno 911 at the amc downtown, we got free passes to a screening which turned out to be HARRY POTTER FIVE!!!! special effects weren't done yet but it was ridiculously fun to call all my friends afterwards and be like "guess what i just saw??"

Ahh that's exciting! I'm so jealous! :) (although you don't have to convince me, I'm already there - sent in my intent to enroll form and everything). How was the movie?

i liked the fourth one better (still think the 5th one is better than the other three), but my friends loved it. on one hand, it was hard to get into the battle scene at the end cause they just had these black smudges flying around where some cool stuff will be later on, so it was hard to follow at times. i was kind of bummed cause they took out the part where harry thinks sirius can come back as a ghost (which i LOVED in the book becuase i was pure bawling in that whole chapter) but it was kind of fun to see ralph fiennes' face with the blue and green dots where they're going to get rid of his nose!

i'm f-ing jealous.

that is all.
Columbia 3L

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »
I'll trade goods and services for braised meat.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

buffettologie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2007, 11:09:12 PM »
I'll play....

1. What is your user name and why did you choose it? Buffettology is one of the first books I read about Warren Buffett when I first became interested in investing. I changed it to Buffettologie because another site I registered it on had already used up the original spelling. It reminds me of that store Anthropologie that my wife shops at.

2. Where were you born? New Orleans, LA

3. Do you like to drive? Very much so. I drive about 30-40K miles per year

4. Favorite type of food? Sweet and Sour Chicken or Hamburgers

5. Favorite beverage? Lipton Diet Green Tea

6. If you could only eat one kind of cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I don't like cereal, but I do love Special K cereal bars (the strawberry kind)

7. What book have you read the most times? I've never actually read a book all of the way through more than once

8. Favorite TV channel? MTV

9. Favorite movies? Remember the Titans

10. What Hollywood star would play you in a movie about your life? No idea.

11. Which single store would you choose to max out your credit cards? the Apple Store

12. Are you willing to sing karaoke with me?  Sure

13. What is your dream vacation? Ride a leg of the Tour de France the day prior to the actual event

14. What is your favorite article of clothing? Not sure

15. What is your favorite song playing on the radio right now? Cupid's Chokehold

16. Do you need coffee in the morning to be a tolerable human being? No, but I do enjoy Tim Horton's coffee immensely

17. Can you cook?  If so, what's your best dish? Yes, Jambalaya

18. What is your favorite sports team?  What sports team do you hate the most? the Buckeyes, the Wolverines

19: What is your favorite board game? Apples to Apples

20: How excited are you to have fun die? Very excited, I'm not that much fun to begin with
U of C 2010

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2007, 11:16:50 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070419/hl_nm/nutrition_cocktails_dc

"Adding ethanol -- the type of alcohol found in rum, vodka, tequila and other spirits -- boosted the antioxidant nutrients in strawberries and blackberries, the researchers found."

YAY!

(I'm trying to maintain activity in this thread any way I can)
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

LQC Lamar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2007, 11:39:44 PM »

I'm hoping to put together some sort of cooking/eating study group.  But we'll see how that ends up.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2007, 11:51:18 PM »

I'm hoping to put together some sort of cooking/eating study group.  But we'll see how that ends up.

I'm so in.  And, on the off-chance I end up living somewhere I might end up living, I'll host.

MP knows what I'm talking about.   :)
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2007, 11:55:13 PM »

I'm so in.  And, on the off-chance I end up living somewhere I might end up living, I'll host.

I do! And if it wasn't so far away and I didn't have a car, I would totally be your roommate  :(

I'll promise to drive you places...

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2007, 11:59:55 PM »

I do! And if it wasn't so far away and I didn't have a car, I would totally be your roommate  :(

I'll promise to drive you places...

It's very tempting...esp. since I don't have furniture and love animals :) I thought the move-in date didn't work for you though?

If it doesn't rent, he's willing to let it hold until August 1 (he's heading out of town for the summer).  I said I would consider an early move date.  So it's pending.