Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: RC questions  (Read 223 times)

Poops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
RC questions
« on: April 15, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »
Most often i get "Inference questions" on the RC wrong. But the other day i noticed one pattern: the last inference question usually addresses some new random  point/example addressed in the last paragraph. Am i correct?
what are your tips, peeps?

Noooo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: RC questions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »
This is some high level analysis; I'm very far away from seeing "big picture" things like this.  You may be right, I don't know, but I'm not sure how this "fact" could be that helpful when you're actually taking the test.  Are inference questions usually given reference by saying (lines X-Y) say...?

Poops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »
This is some high level analysis; I'm very far away from seeing "big picture" things like this.  You may be right, I don't know, but I'm not sure how this "fact" could be that helpful when you're actually taking the test.  Are inference questions usually given reference by saying (lines X-Y) say...?
Hey Man,
I swear, i tried two RC texts that had "Inference Qs" at the end and the right answer addressed some random word in the end... Check out the superprep Science Passage 2000; the last question, "the author suggests...." Then, i don;t remember which PrepTest# it was, they were talking about caves and culture and it mentioned shamans in the end. THe last question had "shamans" as it correct answer,,
I don't know, i tried this pattern, and i am getting it correct. I am not saying that every last question will have this but honestly RC is not as tricky as it seems  :-\

Poops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »

P.S. i am talking about "inference question that says "the authour would most likely agree with which one of the following... or the passage suggests"

THe ones that indicate lines are easier in my opinion because you are directed towards the specific lines... THey actually contain answers that come before or after those lines  :D. ROFL, i would be so partying once i am done with studying this

Noooo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »
Will keep this in mind as I do RC sections and report back to you any observations....