Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Review of Chicago ASW  (Read 8380 times)

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Review of Chicago ASW
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2007, 08:02:21 PM »
Yeah, its not the weather in Chicago (today has probably been the best day weather wise since I got here), but the storm hitting the East Coast has apparently affected Philly. I talked to a flight attendant a couple minutes ago and she said there's simply a lot of "flight traffic" in the Philly area... my flight may actually leave before 9:40 if it clears up sooner than expected (but she wouldn't put money on it). But if the storm gets worse... not good.
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."

sillyberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
Yeah, its not the weather in Chicago (today has probably been the best day weather wise since I got here), but the storm hitting the East Coast has apparently affected Philly. I talked to a flight attendant a couple minutes ago and she said there's simply a lot of "flight traffic" in the Philly area... my flight may actually leave before 9:40 if it clears up sooner than expected (but she wouldn't put money on it). But if the storm gets worse... not good.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Juicy: UChicago

It sounds so reasonable when you say it.

ILoveUncleJesse

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »
Soooo I know I'm not the only one looking forward to rocking the sweet Chicago Law messenger bag at school tomorrow...

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2007, 11:16:14 PM »
Soooo I know I'm not the only one looking forward to rocking the sweet Chicago Law messenger bag at school tomorrow...

the Chi bag was definitely nicer than the CLS one...I'd use it no matter what school I ended up at.

(though shirts are always the best!)
Columbia 3L

hereshopin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2007, 11:21:14 PM »

the Chi bag was definitely nicer than the CLS one...I'd use it no matter what school I ended up at.

(though shirts are always the best!)

cant fit *&^% in the cls bag.

and yes, ive used the nyu law shirt to my advantage already on spring break.  ;D
DeVry Tech '10

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »

and yes, ive used the nyu law shirt to my advantage already on spring break.  ;D

Story?
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Chandler Bing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »
just got back after having an amazing time at chicago asw (i ended up only going on friday because morning/afternoon bc i couldn't wake up for either rock bottom or the saturday stuff). i met mpark, mcb, hank, and sillyberry (although i wasn't on any of their lists  :P), and i'm a bit confused at the moment between chicago and northwestern.

i came back with the same feeling mcb did -- that the administration feels chicago students are the only ones with a true desire to study law and every other school has students that just are waiting to get out and get their cushy six figure salary. that said, the class i observed seemed really awesome and i would love to learn in the chicago environment. i'm really torn, but will hopefully have a decision made by the end of the week.

also, if you were there and didn't meet me, i was the girl who said "hi" to dean levmore before introducing myself, that prompted him to ask what part of california i was from. i was also the girl who told michael machen that he sounded like a cheerleader speaking into his bullhorn when his microphone was all weird.  8)
Monica (attending): Northwestern!
Rachel/Phoebe (still in the running): Northwestern $$, Chicago $
Janice(withdrawn): SLU, Loyola Chicago, Chicago-Kent, Depaul, UIUC, Duke, WUSTL

Cycle's over!

The Other Ken

• Yale Law and Harvard Divinity. Holla at ya boi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2007, 11:51:44 PM »
^^^^ Haha I remember those incidents.  ;D

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2007, 11:56:45 PM »
 :D

Yes, Chandler!  But I only saw you at that one thing.  Where did you run off to?
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

annonymous

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2007, 01:14:05 AM »
I'm finally home!

But my bags are in Orlando.  :-\
"I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius."
"What's misunderstood about you?"
"Nobody thinks I'm a genius."

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."