Law School Discussion

Review of Chicago ASW

Re: Review of Chicago ASW
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »
Off topic question:

Sorry to ask this here, but I'm having trouble finding a relevant thread since I can't find a search function. 

I was put on "hold" status on 2/2 and I have yet to hear anything back.  Does anyone have any idea when the next round of decisions is coming?  At this point is there any chance whatsover, or have all acceptances gone out?

more acceptances are going out sporadically for holds--though I will say that I was in the 2/2 hold group and I was admitted on 4/5 (along with some other holds per lsn)

MindTheGap76

• UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2007, 03:38:26 PM »
Hank, you will be amused to know that my roommate has put the quote about our apartment from your ASW review in his profile.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »
Hank, you will be amused to know that my roommate has put the quote about our apartment from your ASW review in his profile.

Haha, will it inspire him to clean?

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2007, 04:03:12 PM »
AA is TTT.  HTH. 

Yeah, AA was part of the cause for my fiasco on Thursday.  At one point, the fligh attendants rushed us onto the plane and closed the door really quickly because we needed to take off by 10 pm or the attendants would exceed their max daily hours.  The pilot then scolded the flight attendants in an announcement to the whole plane, and we all had to get off the plane and take a flight at 2 am.

Lol, so the reason there were delays was because the attendants couldn't work more than a certain number of hours? 

I will stay silent on this one.   :)

annonymous

• UChicago c/o 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2007, 04:04:44 PM »
Update:

After American Airlines offered me only two real options (wait till Tuesday morning to get to Philly or go to a nearby airport like Baltimore tomorrow afternoon), including the options available by checking other carriers, one of the customer service reps told me that Southwest Airlines is not one of the carriers they check because Southwest doesn't accept AA tickets... but that I could purchase a Southwest ticket and then get a refund on my AA ticket... but it won't be a full refund, so it'll end up costing me extra. Sadly, that was the only real option for me.

End result: I probably get to go home tonight! But it'll end up costing me about 50 bucks extra.

And the kicker? My Southwest flight was just delayed almost 4 hours. :(

(originally scheduled at 6:05pm and is now scheduled for 9:40pm)

So now I'm sitting here in Midway, killing time.

I want to punch someone/something.

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »

What's the reason for the massive delays? Did the weather turn to *&^% after Saturday?

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »

What's the reason for the massive delays? Did the weather turn to *&^% after Saturday?

The weather on the east coast is awful at the moment - rain, flooding, wind, etc.

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »

The weather on the east coast is awful at the moment - rain, flooding, wind, etc.

Sounds like you yankees pissed off Mother Nature.  It's 70 and sunny in Dallas.   ;D

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »
AA is TTT.  HTH. 

Yeah, AA was part of the cause for my fiasco on Thursday.  At one point, the fligh attendants rushed us onto the plane and closed the door really quickly because we needed to take off by 10 pm or the attendants would exceed their max daily hours.  The pilot then scolded the flight attendants in an announcement to the whole plane, and we all had to get off the plane and take a flight at 2 am.

Lol, so the reason there were delays was because the attendants couldn't work more than a certain number of hours? 
d
I will stay silent on this one.   :)

Well in AA's defense, the flight attendants on the 2 am flight poured our drinks and collected our garbage with vigor and energy that the 10 pm flight attendants wouldn't have been able to match after such a long day.

Pouring one set of non-alcoholic drinks I presume (with no meal unless you pay  ::)).

rtqw

• Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »

Sounds like you yankees pissed off Mother Nature.  It's 70 and sunny in Dallas.   ;D

I tried to make a witty anti-Chicago remark with regards to the weather, but I'm going to Michigan, so I can't  ;D