Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letter of Continued Interest Examples  (Read 14340 times)

holydevil

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Letter of Continued Interest Examples
« on: April 14, 2007, 01:48:57 PM »
Does anyone know a website that has some good examples of letters of continued interest?  If not, does anyone have or know of any good examples that they would be willing to share?  I need to write a LOCI for Columbia, and I'm pretty stuck. 

Although it may be true, would it be silly to mention that a significant reason I would like to attend to Columbia is because I have two new nephews that I would like to see grow up?

Thanks,

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Letter of Continued Interest Examples
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
I do not think there is a website with examples of letters of continued interest. Hopefully this will give you some great ideas.

Lizette112162
#1234, Memorial Street
Suite 123
CA, 12345

Dear Sir/  Madam/ Dean _,

I am writing to express my continued and strong interest in attending _ law school.

Paragraph one: Why _ law school is your top choice…. (The great law program.. and how it is related to a career you are interested in pursuing…..location, maybe reputation….or both parents are alumni of the school and encouraged you to apply….
Paragraph two: How you will be an asset to the law school/ student body (work experience…your background, academic credentials…basically market yourself and give the law schools reasons why they should accept you over another student…how will your presence make the law school community better?

Paragraph three: What have you been doing since you submitted the application?( Since I submitted the application, I  have continued to be a dedicated student as well as an active member of the school community. Just recently, I was nominated for the nobel peace prize or whatever...

Thank you for reviewing my application and I hope to hear from you in the near future
Sincerely,   
Lizette112162

Hurricane Lazlo

• When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
    • L.S.N.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 02:55:21 AM »

:o  THANX  ;D
Fortunate Fool: Miami, ASU, GMU.   (in)
Staple It Together:  GW, Fordham   (wl)
Inaudible Melodies: Penn, UCLA.    (pending)
The Horizon Has Been Defeated: GULC, BU, Michigan.   (dinged)

Mpmav1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:31:35 AM »
Why do we write a letter of continued interest?  At least for my Fordham wait list I didn't see anything on there about submitting further information.  Is this just something that we've come up with, or maybe other schools say something about additional information? 

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 01:03:34 AM »
I actually have some information that would be useful. PM me if you are still interested.

guavaandcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 08:02:41 AM »
tag