Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Housing at Pace  (Read 552 times)

OConnorScribe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Housing at Pace
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:15:01 AM »
Anyone else on here planning to attend Pace in the fall? Any notions of how to go about a housing search. I'm considering the dorm but would like to explore off-campus situations -- though not too far off, seeing as I won;t have a car. Feel free to share notes here, or if anyone's interested in searching together, contact me off thread.
Pace '10

dcollins

• Tina come get your ham
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Housing at Pace
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:35:53 AM »
I'm going to Pace and moving to Riverdale (Bronx ???).  My SO is a resident at Columbia, so we need a place near the 1 train and commutable by car for me (15 min drive).  We dont have an apartment yet, but I am interested in finding others who may like to carpool, if at all possible with our schedules, which of course may not be *sigh.  Any idea what the average class schedule may be like?

I'll be going to the summer program in June - will you be able to?

FYI I just withdrew from Buffalo and Denver.  Did you send your deposit in to Pace yet? 

Glad to finally find a fellow pacer in this board!  ;D
"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
"I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career."
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off."
- Gloria Steinem

OConnorScribe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:47:37 PM »
Howdy. My deposits are in ... I'm waitlisted at Buffalo, but I'm not holding my breath there.

As I had said, I'm carless for at least the first year, so the carpooling would be done via your car. :-) I'm likerly gonna stick close to the law school, but we'll see. Any which way, it'll all be done via loans.

I'll be making frequent trips up there for sure this summer ... not sure what the summer program consists of actually. I need to set appointment up there to get some financial aid counseling/instruction.

Looking forward to attending Pace -- I feel like I found a real diaomond in the rough, so to speak. 
Pace '10

dcollins

• Tina come get your ham
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »

Looking forward to attending Pace -- I feel like I found a real diaomond in the rough, so to speak. 

So so glad to hear you say something positive.  I feel so many on this board are rank/tier crazy - there's actually a board somewhere that says if you're not going to a T1 or 2 school, you should be shot or something >:(.  Denver tempted me, but I'd rather be the bigger fish in a smaller pond so to speak.  Do you know what you want to concentrate on?
"I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career."
- Gloria Steinem

OConnorScribe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »
Yup, this board's got some insame people who frequent it.

Not sure about focus/concentration, though going in the two intriguing ones are IP, litigation, and criminal, though I've always had a soft spot in my heart as well for health/labor/little guy law. Environmental is compelling because it's so interdisciplinary, but I'll wait and see how the folks are up there before making that determination.
Pace '10

Debt Magnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »

Not sure about focus/concentration, though going in the two intriguing ones are IP, litigation, and criminal, though I've always had a soft spot in my heart as well for health/labor/little guy law. Environmental is compelling because it's so interdisciplinary, but I'll wait and see how the folks are up there before making that determination.

I withdrew from Pace last month, but wanted to add to the positivity. Money was the main reason I chose not to go, given a much smaller scholarship than elsewhere, but I was impressed with them. The guy I interviewed with was an alum. that also taught there for several years. He had a fantastic job as in house counsel for a defense firm and pulled in a very large salary. The only other drawback was being regionalized, but I know of someone else who went there for Env. Law (one of my Recs former students) and got a very good private firm job in Baltimore. So, it seems to be well respected locally, and just has an outstanding env. law faculty. Good luck to both of you. Sorry I won't be there.

dcollins

• Tina come get your ham
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:32:58 AM »

I withdrew from Pace last month, but wanted to add to the positivity. Money was the main reason I chose not to go, given a much smaller scholarship than elsewhere, but I was impressed with them. The guy I interviewed with was an alum. that also taught there for several years. He had a fantastic job as in house counsel for a defense firm and pulled in a very large salary. The only other drawback was being regionalized, but I know of someone else who went there for Env. Law (one of my Recs former students) and got a very good private firm job in Baltimore. So, it seems to be well respected locally, and just has an outstanding env. law faculty. Good luck to both of you. Sorry I won't be there.

Thanks for the note!  Where have you accepted?
- Gloria Steinem

Debt Magnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »

Thanks for the note!  Where have you accepted?
[/quote]

It is looking very likely that I'll be at Tulane. They gave me almost 3 times the scholarship offer, believe it or not. White Plains would be more comfortable, but New Orleans will be an adventure.  the housing prices are probably pretty equivalent (due to scarcity post-K),

Good Luck!

OConnorScribe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 12:34:35 PM »
revive
Pace '10