Law School Discussion

How long are you actually in class per day?

How long are you actually in class per day?
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »
How much time is spent in the class room daily at law school?  How long is each individual class (on average, i realize it's probably different everywhere)?

At my undergrad classes are usually either 50 min (3x week) or 1:15 min. (2x week).  What's a law school schedule going to look like? 

Re: How long are you actually in class per day?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 08:21:33 AM »
It's the same credit hour system. You're in class 50 minutes for each hour of credit.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:23:14 AM »
Wow, that sucks... I'm really going to miss my undergrad's way of doing things. All classes (well, virtually all classes) were 4 credits... they either met 2x a week for 1:40 or 1x a week for 3:20 w/ a 10 minute break in the middle. I hate the idea of 50 minute classes... by the time you settle in and start really discussing the issue, it's time to move onto the next class.
Rob

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:26:11 AM »
Wow, that sucks... I'm really going to miss my undergrad's way of doing things. All classes (well, virtually all classes) were 4 credits... they either met 2x a week for 1:40 or 1x a week for 3:20 w/ a 10 minute break in the middle. I hate the idea of 50 minute classes... by the time you settle in and start really discussing the issue, it's time to move onto the next class.
Rob

Trust me- you don't want to be in some of these classes for 100 minutes at a time. Even 50 can be too much. We take a short 3-minute break in a 75-minute class because the material is just that dry.