Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long are you actually in class per day?  (Read 429 times)

brett favre

• View Profile
How long are you actually in class per day?
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »
How much time is spent in the class room daily at law school?  How long is each individual class (on average, i realize it's probably different everywhere)?

At my undergrad classes are usually either 50 min (3x week) or 1:15 min. (2x week).  What's a law school schedule going to look like? 

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How long are you actually in class per day?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:21:33 AM »
It's the same credit hour system. You're in class 50 minutes for each hour of credit.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 11:23:14 AM »
Wow, that sucks... I'm really going to miss my undergrad's way of doing things. All classes (well, virtually all classes) were 4 credits... they either met 2x a week for 1:40 or 1x a week for 3:20 w/ a 10 minute break in the middle. I hate the idea of 50 minute classes... by the time you settle in and start really discussing the issue, it's time to move onto the next class.
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:26:11 AM »
Wow, that sucks... I'm really going to miss my undergrad's way of doing things. All classes (well, virtually all classes) were 4 credits... they either met 2x a week for 1:40 or 1x a week for 3:20 w/ a 10 minute break in the middle. I hate the idea of 50 minute classes... by the time you settle in and start really discussing the issue, it's time to move onto the next class.
Rob

Trust me- you don't want to be in some of these classes for 100 minutes at a time. Even 50 can be too much. We take a short 3-minute break in a 75-minute class because the material is just that dry.