Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Planning ahead  (Read 3372 times)

Krisace

• View Profile
Re: Planning ahead
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 08:15:36 PM »
Dude, don't listen to them.  You'll find a whole bunch of jerks and insecure people at law school.  I think it's great you're thinking so far ahead. 

It's a tough decision trying to decide whether to go out of state for law school.  But first decide if you truly want to stay where you are now.  If so, you don't need to go to a top school to get a DA's job.  They really care most about conviction (no pun intended). 

Go ask them if they hire from the school(s) in your area.  If so, and you want to stay, then you should simply go to school there.  The best "in" to a DA's job is through summer 1L and 2L internships.  Likely they hire right out of those, but go ask them to be sure before making a final decision.

Lampshade Punk

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Even in the quietest moments."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 01:20:29 AM »

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: Planning ahead
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 01:32:08 AM »
Dude, don't listen to them.  You'll find a whole bunch of jerks and insecure people at law school.  I think it's great you're thinking so far ahead. 

It's a tough decision trying to decide whether to go out of state for law school.  But first decide if you truly want to stay where you are now.  If so, you don't need to go to a top school to get a DA's job.  They really care most about conviction (no pun intended). 

Go ask them if they hire from the school(s) in your area.  If so, and you want to stay, then you should simply go to school there.  The best "in" to a DA's job is through summer 1L and 2L internships.  Likely they hire right out of those, but go ask them to be sure before making a final decision.

its not about being insecure or a jerk.  I'm serious when I say that this kid needs to forget about all of this and have some fun.  I'm telling you, grown-up life sucks.  Be a kid, have fun, and worry about this stuff later. 

Eh, do not listen to this.  Not everyone's idea of fun is the same (for instance, Lampshade seems to enjoy starting 10 topics per hour on the off-topic board).  But I still don't think there is much you can do to prepare for a prosecutor's career in high school.  Just make good grades. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.