Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC Waitlist  (Read 744 times)

nashville2010

• View Profile
    • Email
UNC Waitlist
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
Anyone else on the waitlist at UNC? Anyone heard about the waitlist reputation? I am in at Wake and Tennessee but would really like to go to UNC. Anyone recommend an approach?

Also, anyone have an opinion on Wake versus Tennessee? I am in state at Tennessee and have a scholarship so it would be significantly less expensive but I have heard so many great things about Wake.

Thanks,

Nashville 2010
3.2 uggpa, 165, 3.96 ggpa

Debt Magnet

• View Profile
Re: UNC Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:50:38 PM »
I would strongly consider Wake. It seems that your options regionally would be much greater there.

As for UNC waitlist. I would guess that being on it from out of state is complicated. Since not alot of in-staters know their fates and it seems that I have seen a fair amount of posts by out-o-staters in the last week about being put on the waitlist, I would think that they have their 25% quota filled already, and everybody else left is getting the WL. There was the dude on LSN with a 3.9/161 and a PhD in BioCHem, WL'd from VA. Basically, after the 16th deposit deadline, if you don't hear something within the next 4 weeks, I would move on. That's just me.

I'm in state with numbers that should be pretty rejectable, and I haven't heard male private part. 2.9/162. This leaves me to think, anecdotally with some others i know, that they haven't filled the in state quota and are waiting to see how many of their top tier candidates matriculate. Should be a wave of Acc/WL letters in the next three weeks. Of course I'm telling you what you already know, but that's all I got holmes! I'm just surprised that there haven't been more rejections up to now.

Does anybody have an opinion on why there aren't more rejections on LSN?

Debt Magnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
Check out this just for shits and grins.

http://www.deloggio.com/hearing/fdchain.htm

most of it is pretty logical, but glad someone else did it.

Old and in the Way

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »
Honestly, I don't think there's much difference between Wake and Tenn. My wife's a physician in Raleigh and one of her residents husband graduated from Wake. He commutes to Delaware each workweek and flys back for weekends. She mentioned that they have some pretty hefty debt piled up from his days at WFU.

I'd pick Tenn.

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:15:45 PM »
If it's worth anything, and this is just one story, I know a girl here at UNC who came in to visit with the dean of admissions after she had been waitlisted and was told she was admitted on the spot.  So I guess a visit can't hurt.

the royal We

• Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:05:40 PM »
If it's worth anything, and this is just one story, I know a girl here at UNC who came in to visit with the dean of admissions after she had been waitlisted and was told she was admitted on the spot.  So I guess a visit can't hurt.

what were her numbers like?

anybody know how the WL is shaping up?  Any shot for a 158 3.3?

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »
I"m not sure -- maybe 163/3.3?  This was a couple of cycles ago, with my class.

I think now though hasn't an email gone out pretty much saying, if you haevn't heard, your chances are .0003%?
Sorry, that's probably the truth of it though.

the royal We

• Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »
I"m not sure -- maybe 163/3.3?  This was a couple of cycles ago, with my class.

I think now though hasn't an email gone out pretty much saying, if you haevn't heard, your chances are .0003%?
Sorry, that's probably the truth of it though.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I got the email and was waitlisted like a week later.  Any body know how deep UNC goes on their waitlist?