Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010  (Read 88311 times)

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2260 on: June 05, 2007, 07:07:25 PM »
legapp- thanks for the recommendations.  i decided on twenty manning, which is probably the best bet for my family's tastes

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: June 05, 2007, 07:45:13 PM »
i'm heading down to philly tomorrow night to look at my apt and check the city out some more.  anyone else going to be there in the Wednesday-Friday night window?

i can hang wed 5 or thurs after about 1:30.  fri night i think i'll be in nyc.

EDIT: feel better towelie! i think we both know why you're sick...  :-*

LOL! I'd say that's not why I am sick, given that I haven't really gotten sick all year. There was something going around at my firm and I caught it. I tried to bill out some hours from home, but ended up just sleeping all day. I hope I'm not too far behind my work, now...
Penn Law '09

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: June 05, 2007, 09:11:14 PM »
Just thought I'd let you guys know the results of our apartment hunt... I had been calling places all week to set up appointments for Sunday through Tuesday.  By the time we landed on Saturday night, all but two of the apartments had been rented out.  We saw one of those two and it was totally gross and unlivable.  The second one was great, but it turned out that another leasing agent had already rented it out during the time we were touring it(!!).  We signed up for that building's waiting list, but in the meantime decided to check out Domus, and ended up really liking it.  It's a little pricey, but considering the money we'll save on Septa passes and a dog walker by being so close to school, it works out.

I thought LA had a crazy rental market, but it's nothing like Philadelphia's!  It's crazy how quickly everything is snapped up.

Oh, and m1, we'll be on the 4th floor.  You?
UPenn '10

Hendi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2263 on: June 05, 2007, 10:12:15 PM »
Hey all, I'll be in Philly on Friday too, still haven't been so it should be fun.  While it still might have been crazy, from what you guys are saying I'm glad I signed a lease a few weeks back (at Lucust on the Park, anyone know anything about it?).  I guess I'll find out in a few days how that worked out for me...
Upenn 2010!

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #2264 on: June 05, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »
Just thought I'd let you guys know the results of our apartment hunt... I had been calling places all week to set up appointments for Sunday through Tuesday.  By the time we landed on Saturday night, all but two of the apartments had been rented out.  We saw one of those two and it was totally gross and unlivable.  The second one was great, but it turned out that another leasing agent had already rented it out during the time we were touring it(!!).  We signed up for that building's waiting list, but in the meantime decided to check out Domus, and ended up really liking it.  It's a little pricey, but considering the money we'll save on Septa passes and a dog walker by being so close to school, it works out.

I thought LA had a crazy rental market, but it's nothing like Philadelphia's!  It's crazy how quickly everything is snapped up.

Oh, and m1, we'll be on the 4th floor.  You?

Team Pam,

sorry to hear about the fustrations that you experienced at Philly - i had my share of them myself. one rental agent totally stood me up...TWICE. well, it really taught me how to call people at the last minute and snap a place up.

and i think i'll be totally left out - everyone's living in uni city! is there anyone planning to live in the 15th-20th street vincity? i don't want to be all by myself in my cute little apartment with my two cats because that's just too sad for words.

drumguy1284

• View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: June 05, 2007, 10:44:46 PM »
I can't say you won't be alone with your cats, but I will certainly be living in that area.  Haha.

Also on the issue of the Pennkey/lawkey  I haven't gotten mine either.

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #2266 on: June 05, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
I can't say you won't be alone with your cats, but I will certainly be living in that area.  Haha.

Also on the issue of the Pennkey/lawkey  I haven't gotten mine either.

ouch, that hurts.

gillesthegreat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2267 on: June 05, 2007, 11:35:49 PM »
n the meantime decided to check out Domus, and ended up really liking it.  It's a little pricey

It's a little pricey? That's a little understatement.
Penn (2007)

Chingon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: June 06, 2007, 01:14:30 AM »
Is everyone planning on living in Center City, or are there others looking in the Univ. City area?

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: June 06, 2007, 01:25:36 AM »
Hey all, I'll be in Philly on Friday too, still haven't been so it should be fun.  While it still might have been crazy, from what you guys are saying I'm glad I signed a lease a few weeks back (at Lucust on the Park, anyone know anything about it?).  I guess I'll find out in a few days how that worked out for me...

I really like this place--the location is great, and the lofts are pretty.  The only negative I've heard is that heating bills can get pricey because of the giant windows (but of course, without them you wouldn't get the great light!).

They also take dogs, right?  And you're literally across the street from the dog run.  :)
I am officially a law school graduate : )