Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010  (Read 88707 times)

mantis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2080 on: May 22, 2007, 02:56:52 AM »
Hey, so.. totally off-topic and kind of random: did I see a suggested reading list on the Penn accepted students website somewhere or did I hallucinate that?  I have a long plane ride coming up and I'm thinking about snagging some useful reading material.

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 22, 2007, 02:57:34 AM »
BTW what the heck was going on with Heroes tonight? I was totally confused with that ending.

I thought it was so boring and anticlimactic.  And disappointing, because I don't think the world was actually saved from any real threat.  It was more like a failure than a success to me -- just unnecessary sacrifice that could have been prevented.  (I'm trying to not spoil it.)
UPenn '10

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: May 22, 2007, 03:00:45 AM »
Hey, so.. totally off-topic and kind of random: did I see a suggested reading list on the Penn accepted students website somewhere or did I hallucinate that?  I have a long plane ride coming up and I'm thinking about snagging some useful reading material.

Is this it?

http://www.law.upenn.edu/cpp/prospective/reading.html
UPenn '10

mantis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: May 22, 2007, 03:28:36 AM »

Is this it?

http://www.law.upenn.edu/cpp/prospective/reading.html

That isn't much of a list.
I was hoping for better.

Alas, this is not the list.  I remember the list I was looking at had something by Dworkin on it... I just can't remember if it was on the Penn site or somewhere else.  Boo.

Random aside.. so Cane, are you joining us at Penn?  I love a good madeleine, but I'm with you on the power of bourbon.

mantis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: May 22, 2007, 03:52:44 AM »
Aha.
Perhaps this is the list you remembered.

http://www.amazon.com/Penn-Admitted-Student-Reading-List/lm/2PQFCR0V3BU2U

Ah.. perhaps.  I wish I had just bookmarked the damn thing...

Anyway yes, I've noticed your sig line in the past.  I'm a bourbon lover so how could I not.. and hey, madeleines are basically butter flour and sugar, what's not to like?  But quality bourbon?  Magic.

klaydoh

• View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: May 22, 2007, 08:30:18 AM »
Aha.
Perhaps this is the list you remembered.

http://www.amazon.com/Penn-Admitted-Student-Reading-List/lm/2PQFCR0V3BU2U

Ah.. perhaps.  I wish I had just bookmarked the damn thing...

Anyway yes, I've noticed your sig line in the past.  I'm a bourbon lover so how could I not.. and hey, madeleines are basically butter flour and sugar, what's not to like?  But quality bourbon?  Magic.

Hey Mantis,
Just noticed you've jumped ship from UVa to Penn. I just sent you a PM!
UVA '10

mantis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: May 22, 2007, 01:30:37 PM »
Hey Mantis,
Just noticed you've jumped ship from UVa to Penn. I just sent you a PM!

Received and replied.  Good luck with your decision!

m1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: May 22, 2007, 10:13:47 PM »
i've been slacking lately.  too much senior week/graduating stuff, and now i'm back home and getting ready for penn.  scary!

mantis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: May 23, 2007, 03:16:32 AM »
So.  Housing.  Is everyone going the Center City/Rittenhouse route?  I've been looking around on Craigslist and this place popped up tonight:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/336114269.html

(There are a bunch from that building, that's just an example.)  It's in the Art Museum area, but on google maps it looks like it's only about 1.5 miles to the law school if you take 22nd and cross over at Chestnut.  Granted, you have to cross like six lanes of traffic on the Ben Franklin Parkway, but still.  The price is right AND it's pet-friendly.  Any current students know anything about this building?  The only downside is letting go of the brownstone dream, which I may not be ready to do yet... but if it seems like these come up frequently, it might make a good back up?

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: May 23, 2007, 07:40:24 AM »
Just a heads up to you guys... being a Summer Associate rocks! I highly reccomend it your first summer   :D   I'm off to work. Good luck finding housing everyone!
Penn Law '09