Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010  (Read 87586 times)

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #1990 on: May 16, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »
It's really weird to me that people actually WANT to go to the Midwest.  I spent most of my life trying to get OUT of there!  :D

Uh oh...was Chicago a really bad decision?  Part of the reason I'm going to Chicago is that I figured if I didn't leave the East Coast now, I would never live anywhere else besides NY/Boston/DC....but of course I'm still praying that I get to stay in Boston for another three years.

Not if you like Chicago.  There's too much sprawl for my liking (Philly has too much sprawl, too, but I like that it has a thriving center).
I am officially a law school graduate : )

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: May 16, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »
It's really weird to me that people actually WANT to go to the Midwest.  I spent most of my life trying to get OUT of there!  :D

Uh oh...was Chicago a really bad decision?  Part of the reason I'm going to Chicago is that I figured if I didn't leave the East Coast now, I would never live anywhere else besides NY/Boston/DC....but of course I'm still praying that I get to stay in Boston for another three years.

Not if you like Chicago.  There's too much sprawl for my liking (Philly has too much sprawl, too, but I like that it has a thriving center).

LOL. Me and LegApp had this exact conversation last night at a bar. That's all I wanted to say, just because I think it's funny  :D
Penn Law '09

euphory

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1992 on: May 16, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »
i for one, like chicago. (in ug there)
i'm from the northeast, yet somehow i still like chicago (not the winter, not the raining).

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1993 on: May 16, 2007, 11:16:07 PM »
It seems we lost AttorneySidious to Mich.  :-\

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: May 17, 2007, 01:28:45 AM »
It seemed like a lot of people thought they shat ice cream.

I would like Harvard people a lot more if this was actually true.   :D

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: May 17, 2007, 01:31:55 AM »

his loss--that's an unwise decision if he actually wants nyc biglaw (obviously, i think it's a poor decision anyway, but it's particularly poor in this case because that's a sector where penn is very clearly the stronger school.)

mantis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: May 17, 2007, 02:17:28 AM »

his loss--that's an unwise decision if he actually wants nyc biglaw (obviously, i think it's a poor decision anyway, but it's particularly poor in this case because that's a sector where penn is very clearly the stronger school.)

His loss indeed.  Can I please just reiterate how excited I am to be going to Penn?  It's a little ridiculous.  But seriously, Philly is a great city, Penn is a great school, the Penn thread and all of its participants are clearly awesome.  I can't wait to get out there in the fall.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: May 17, 2007, 02:50:29 AM »

His loss indeed.  Can I please just reiterate how excited I am to be going to Penn?  It's a little ridiculous.  But seriously, Philly is a great city, Penn is a great school, the Penn thread and all of its participants are clearly awesome.  I can't wait to get out there in the fall.

:) :) :)

I have been very happy here.

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: May 17, 2007, 11:07:37 AM »

:) :) :)

I have been very happy here.

Me too! I'm glad you are so excited!
Penn Law '09

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: May 17, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »
How's everyone's housing search going?