Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010  (Read 89413 times)

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #1980 on: May 16, 2007, 02:28:55 PM »
Grrr... everyone I met at ASW is going to Harvard now, except m1.  And Sabio, but he's still not going to Penn, so he doesn't count either.

Hey! I'm still here.  :P We met during bowling but didn't know we met.

Oh, cool!  I barely remember bowling because I felt so sick that night.  Were you on the lane with m1 and Saja?
UPenn '10

euphory

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1981 on: May 16, 2007, 03:03:52 PM »

thanks for being so patient with me!!
is riverwest as close to the law school as samson?

no, but it's most closer to the social scene.  that's why i asked if you plan to go out a lot.  living in the west section of c.c. will be a 15-20 min. walk to school or a 5 min. bus ride.

the ONLY places that are as close to the school as sansom are the domus (brand new, ridiculously expensive building) or the sansom st. apartments about the little row of shops.  i actually know two girls who live there; it's find for splitting, but you can't afford to live there by yourself.

next closest is the left bank, which is sort of in between c.c. and the school.  lots of law students live there.  if you're trying to live within the penn budget, you can live there alone.  used to be the most expensive place in u. city, but then they built the domus.  :D

i do plan to go out a lot ;D
but i guess living in samson prevents that, huh. on the other hand i would hate to walk in the winter snow to class for more than 10 minutes, lol.
thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much for all these infos. you are truly great.

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #1982 on: May 16, 2007, 03:20:29 PM »

thanks for being so patient with me!!
is riverwest as close to the law school as samson?

no, but it's most closer to the social scene.  that's why i asked if you plan to go out a lot.  living in the west section of c.c. will be a 15-20 min. walk to school or a 5 min. bus ride.

the ONLY places that are as close to the school as sansom are the domus (brand new, ridiculously expensive building) or the sansom st. apartments about the little row of shops.  i actually know two girls who live there; it's find for splitting, but you can't afford to live there by yourself.

next closest is the left bank, which is sort of in between c.c. and the school.  lots of law students live there.  if you're trying to live within the penn budget, you can live there alone.  used to be the most expensive place in u. city, but then they built the domus.  :D

but i guess living in samson prevents that, huh. on the other hand i would hate to walk in the winter snow to class for more than 10 minutes, lol.
thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much for all these infos. you are truly great.

there's buses and subways! it shoudln't be too bad, but then again, i'm from upstate NY and my idea of 'cold' is a bit skewed.

and PSA.

feel free to jump in - i'm tired of being the penn troll of the day

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,88346.0.html

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: May 16, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »
The snow really isn't that bad in Philadelphia.  It's a city, after all, so it can't really pile up the way it does at more rural schools.

If you want to split the difference between being near school and being near the fun stuff, the Left Bank is really nice, though pricey (but not Domus pricey).  If they took dogs, I'd probably have already signed a lease.
UPenn '10

euphory

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1984 on: May 16, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »
i've always lived in cities and always in the north so i'm not afraid of the colness, just i'm very lazy about walking, especially in snow.

my family lives in NYC and I know they will come to visit A LOT.

Left bank? will look into that. I didn't send out my Samson app. yet, so I'll still look into apartments.

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #1985 on: May 16, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »
Team Pam, thanks for your support in the other thread. You're an awesome wingwoman!

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #1986 on: May 16, 2007, 05:44:56 PM »
Pookie I just posted a really long post on the other thread. Do we know who thsi fellow Cornellian is?

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: May 16, 2007, 06:37:41 PM »

but i guess living in samson prevents that, huh.

well, of course not, but the places you'll be close to are very undergrad-heavy.  i guess if you're coming straight from UG, maybe that's fine, but going to those bars makes me feel old.   :(

I am officially a law school graduate : )

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: May 16, 2007, 06:46:05 PM »
Team Pam, thanks for your support in the other thread. You're an awesome wingwoman!

Thanks!  It's funny how it got so hijacked by the UVA peeps, though.
UPenn '10

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:58 PM »
It's really weird to me that people actually WANT to go to the Midwest.  I spent most of my life trying to get OUT of there!  :D
I am officially a law school graduate : )