University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
Re: University of Pennsylvania Class of 2010
« Reply #2050 on: May 18, 2007, 11:40:30 PM »
Best romantic comedy: SAY ANYTHING.

Lloyd Dobler, 'nuf said.  :)

Best cult classic: Office Space / Clerks (a tie, although OS prolly has the edge)

Best high school movie: Clueless (entirely a my generation thing)

Best Pixar (they are their own genre): Monsters Inc. (very debatable, but I just love this one--"Kitty!" and "I only have eye for you")

Best super weepy romance: The Notebook (I love you Ryan Gosling!)

Best Comedy: Zoolander

psha, it was not limited to your generation! I totally did the "L stands for loser" and the whatever thing...it was quite embarassing in fact. Also, me and my friends would try to dress like them. *shudders at the memories*

« Reply #2051 on: May 19, 2007, 12:01:01 AM »
lol, movies, good times~!

anyone who's like me and think Legally Blonde is cool?  even for a non-accurate Law school movie :D

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: May 19, 2007, 12:08:24 AM »
Best oldschool comedy - The Great Race or Clue

i loved Clue! i remember i tried to watch it with my friends when i had a sleepover party for my 11th birthday....and they all revolted.

le sigh.

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: May 19, 2007, 12:33:51 AM »

i loved Clue! i remember i tried to watch it with my friends when i had a sleepover party for my 11th birthday....and they all revolted.

le sigh.

Sacrilege!  Clue is awesome.

And yes.. best high school movie is totally totally Clueless.

Best old school weepy romance: An Affair to Remember.  Granted, I only saw it after I saw Sleepless in Seattle.  But every time I see that movie I cry.  Rita Wilson wasn't messing around.

Best sci-fi/space movie: Aliens.  Game over, man!  Game over!

:)

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: May 19, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »
Best romantic comedy: SAY ANYTHING.

Lloyd Dobler, 'nuf said.  :)

Best cult classic: Office Space / Clerks (a tie, although OS prolly has the edge)

Best high school movie: Clueless (entirely a my generation thing)

Best Pixar (they are their own genre): Monsters Inc. (very debatable, but I just love this one--"Kitty!" and "I only have eye for you")

Best super weepy romance: The Notebook (I love you Ryan Gosling!)

Best Comedy: Zoolander

I would say that The Big Lebowski is the best cult classic for me, although you do have to give Rocky Horror Picture Show a nod for this.

Also, the best comedy evar is Dumb and Dumber.

Personally I wouldn't entirely consider these oldschool, especially clue, but for true oldschool comedy, I would say any Marx Brothers movie, like Animal Crackers or Duck Soup.

Okay new one: Best Mel Brooks movie: Blazing Saddles

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: May 19, 2007, 10:24:02 AM »
yo m1, do you have the great race?  I haven't seen it in a long time, so It'd be fun to watch it.

« Reply #2056 on: May 19, 2007, 04:27:50 PM »

Best prison movie: Shawshank.

Best legal film: 12 Angry Men (new or old version, dealer's choice).

Best film noir: Chinatown.

Best Shakespeare: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (but the Branaugh Hamlet is a close second).

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: May 19, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »
yo m1, do you have the great race?  I haven't seen it in a long time, so It'd be fun to watch it.

its my favorite movie of all time.  you are one of only 2 or 3 people I know of who know the movie, so we'll absolutely be doing a movie night with it at some point during orientation.  I own 3 copies of it, one on VHS that works, one on VHS that has worn out from being watched too often in my youth, and one on DVD.  ;D

Rusty Shackleford

• #1 OATLAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: May 19, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »

its my favorite movie of all time.  you are one of only 2 or 3 people I know of who know the movie, so we'll absolutely be doing a movie night with it at some point during orientation.  I own 3 copies of it, one on VHS that works, one on VHS that has worn out from being watched too often in my youth, and one on DVD.  ;D

That's the movie with Tony Curtis and they race around the world right?  Yeah I watched it several times when I was a kid, but I haven't seen it in a while.  Also, Is there something to do with a castle near the end of it, or am I getting my old movies mixed up?

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: May 19, 2007, 06:36:10 PM »
best wine movie: Sideways