Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what's with Washington and Lee?  (Read 9634 times)

Re: what's with Washington and Lee?
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »
lawschoolnumbers.com

For last cycle, I just ran a search using the following parameters: GPA 2.5-3.1, LSAT 167-175, URM excluded.  Here are the results:

W&L- 8 applied. 6 admitted, 1 withdrew before decision, 1 left as pending.  Scholarship totals include 25k per year to a 2.8/173 student rejected outright by BC, ND and Emory, and waitlisted by Fordham.  They also gave 13.5k per year to 2 admits, 9k per year to one, and 12k per year to another.

BC- 2 accpeted, 10 rejected, 1 waitlisted
BU- 0 accepted, 4 rejected, 5 waitlisted
Fordham- 1 accepted, 0 rejected, 10 waitlisted
ND- 1 accepted, 5 rejected, 8 waitlisted

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 10:06:10 PM »
lawschoolnumbers.com

For last cycle, I just ran a search using the following parameters: GPA 2.5-3.1, LSAT 167-175, URM excluded.  Here are the results:

W&L- 8 applied. 6 admitted, 1 withdrew before decision, 1 left as pending.  Scholarship totals include 25k per year to a 2.8/173 student rejected outright by BC, ND and Emory, and waitlisted by Fordham.  They also gave 13.5k per year to 2 admits, 9k per year to one, and 12k per year to another.

oh wow... don't you have something better to do with your time?  i'm almost feeling bad for you...
testing testing 1 2 3

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 11:13:15 PM »
lawschoolnumbers.com

oh wow... don't you have something better to do with your time?  i'm almost feeling bad for you...

The post 2 above yours asked me where I was getting stats that support my comment about how W&L fills its class with extreme splitters, so I provided some support.  It took about 10 minutes.  I knew which schools favored these types of applicants beforehand because I am a big splitter myself, and have looked into it.  Oh wow...you go to W&L..don't you have something better to do with your life?  I'm almost feeling bad for you...

remiz22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 11:23:21 PM »
Is Pat Robertson based out of the same town where W&L is located?

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 05:25:58 AM »
Is Pat Robertson based out of the same town where W&L is located?

i think pat robertson went to the undergrad if i remember correctly
testing testing 1 2 3

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:18 PM »
lawschoolnumbers.com

Maybe, but why isn't their GPA lower then?  I just looked it up the lowest non-urm LSAT they accepted was 162, I think the next lowest was 164.  You might have shown they like high LSAT low GPA splitters but not vice versa.  If you claim their only get splitters, they would have to get splitters of both types to make their numbers balance out, but there is only any evidence of one type.  W&L is rich at least compared to my school thats why they give out so much money.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

ANBUDOM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »
lawschoolnumbers.com

The post 2 above yours asked me where I was getting stats that support my comment about how W&L fills its class with extreme splitters, so I provided some support.  It took about 10 minutes.  I knew which schools favored these types of applicants beforehand because I am a big splitter myself, and have looked into it.  Oh wow...you go to W&L..don't you have something better to do with your life?  I'm almost feeling bad for you...

yea i'm sorta busy getting 2 offers from V20 firms... sorry i wish i had the time to look up them numbers on lsn and argue wit you...
testing testing 1 2 3

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 06:57:06 PM »
lawschoolnumbers.com

yea i'm sorta busy getting 2 offers from V20 firms... sorry i wish i had the time to look up them numbers on lsn and argue wit you...

I'm heading to PULSC (Princeton University Legal Space Center) next year, so even if I finish dead last in the class I'll be able to get Skadden.  Enjoy your TTT firm.

Lenny

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »
This thread has officially gone south. 

Lenny

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
Replied via PM