Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T1 v T2  (Read 2646 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: T1 v T2
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 05:14:08 PM »
T14= top 14(usnews)
T1= top 50
T2= top 51-100
T3= top 100-150
T4= top 150-186(?)

T83= graphing calculator, but still really really cool, cause you can play games and stuff.... (sorry, i majored in math and am a loser)

h2xblive

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 05:16:01 PM »
How do you know which schools are T1 and which are T2? I'm trying to decide between Indiana Bloomington and Kansas. Kansas is a third of Indiana's cost.

T1 = top 50 according USNWR

Unless you want to practice in Kansas, I'd pick Bloomington.

h2xblive

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »
How do you know which schools are T1 and which are T2? I'm trying to decide between Indiana Bloomington and Kansas. Kansas is a third of Indiana's cost.

does that apply to anyone?

Ha!

:D

yongsoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bah weep Grah nah weep ninny bon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »

T83= graphing calculator, but still really really cool, cause you can play games and stuff.... (sorry, i majored in math and am a loser)

I lol'ed...

phillip

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »

But if I pick Bloomington am I stuck in Indy? Or will Bloomington open more doors? Phrasing it as T1 and T2 does make IU-B sound more appealing.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 05:25:52 PM »

I lol'ed...

<===had ghetto-ass TI-82

lol, you missed out

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »
I retract my statement, here is my real advice.

Choose the school that is the most expensive, take out as many loans as physically possible, cash the checks, sell everything you own, and go to Mexico (I dont remember if they extradite yet or not, my crim law professor sucked and I learned nothing) and chill on the beach.  Oh, and if you are a girl, buy an extra ticket and pick me up in DC on the way down.

They don't.  Didn't you hear about the time Dog the Bounty Hunter went to Mexico to reign someone in?  Dog ended up being charged with kidnapping because of non-extridition. 

Extradition treaties also aren't agreed upon indefinitely. AKA they expire (but are constantly renewed in a case like US & UK).

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 05:32:45 PM »

I lol'ed...

<===had ghetto-ass TI-82

lol, you missed out

It was all about Drugwars.

ChiSox07

• View Profile
    • LSN Site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »

But if I pick Bloomington am I stuck in Indy? Or will Bloomington open more doors? Phrasing it as T1 and T2 does make IU-B sound more appealing.

It all depends on the market where you're going to practice.  I saw from your other thread that you want to practice in Kansas City.  It's probably pretty safe to say that you won't have any regrets going to KU if that's the case.
Boston College 2010!

Staying on WL at UIUC and ND

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=DaveFox05

windycindy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Burn this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »
Mexico does extradite. Dog got arrested because he had no authority to detain someone in Mexico. Pretty sure on this. Nobody quote me.