Law School Discussion

Wisconsin ASW... who's going?

Re: Wisconsin ASW... who's going?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 08:35:27 AM »
This is why you want to come to Madison:

http://photos.news.wisc.edu/view.php?id=998

The summers in Madison are reason enough to endure the winter. This picture is of the student union (which still serves pitchers of beer) during the summer. It's unbelievable.

Seventeen

• "Hope is a risk that must be run."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
UW: notorious for the beer-selling Union.

I'll see it first-hand this weekend, I'm actually staying there. I'm not expecting 4 star amenities; I just wanted to be wicked close to the law school.

Those "long endured winters because Madison's summers are so great" is hardly a lure b/c I know 1L summer I want to go abroad or work for a firm at home (MI) and 2L summer I'll likely be in Chicago/Detroit... ho hum.

I'm looking to be impressed this weekend... and I really wanted to see green grass, sunshine, and students running amok around campus.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 09:14:23 AM »
This is why you want to come to Madison:

http://photos.news.wisc.edu/view.php?id=998

The summers in Madison are reason enough to endure the winter. This picture is of the student union (which still serves pitchers of beer) during the summer. It's unbelievable.

Why torture a lost soul? That picture is breathtaking!

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2007, 09:19:52 AM »
Seventeen,
  Im sorry to break it to you but you are not going to see that this weekend.  It's in the 30's at the moment here in Madison with light flurries.  Its also been awhile since the sun peaked out.  I believe its supposed to warm up a bit like somone previously mentioned (mid 40's, watch out its a heat wave) but if anything that will just make it a slushy mess around campus.  Madison is a great town as so many people mentioned but the winters are extremely long.  I think im struggling with it more than usual because I was in California two weeks ago and I didnt expect to come back to full blown winter weather in mid-april.  Enjoy your visit.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2007, 09:32:13 AM »
Seventeen,
  Im sorry to break it to you but you are not going to see that this weekend.  It's in the 30's at the moment here in Madison with light flurries.  Its also been awhile since the sun peaked out.  I believe its supposed to warm up a bit like somone previously mentioned (mid 40's, watch out its a heat wave) but if anything that will just make it a slushy mess around campus.  Madison is a great town as so many people mentioned but the winters are extremely long.  I think im struggling with it more than usual because I was in California two weeks ago and I didnt expect to come back to full blown winter weather in mid-april.  Enjoy your visit.

Thanx for the info but I wasn'nt gonna see it this weekend anyway. The weather and placement opportunities turned me away from Wisc and it was really a 50-50 thing, weather played a more significant role than I thought.

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »
Seventeen,

I would like to say that weather like this is highly unusual for April. Usually its 50's - 60's. It does rain a lot though.

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »
Ill concur with Northernstar.  Last April the weather wasnt this bad.  At this point I just feel like winter will never end and Im a little more negative about the situation than usual.  Madison is a wonderful college town as long as you understand the weather situation.  There is a ton to do and summers are great.

go.ph.

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 11:00:35 AM »
In defense of Wisconsin weather...

It isn't just the summers that are great, it's the fall and a lot of the spring too.  And I don't even think most of winter is that bad...I *love* those crisp winter days that are all still-like, snow on the ground and pink-skied (I know, I know..that was a little mushy).  Yeah, those days that are below 20 can really suck and it's unusually cold right now, but that's just this year.  It's no LA, but hey...who wants to live without seasons and thunderstorms? <<half of LSD raises hand>> ok, but I'm not talking about you people.

Seventeen

• "Hope is a risk that must be run."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »
Ha, take my complaints about the weather with a grain of salt. I'm in East Lansing right now, so it's not much better. We don't have the lake effect, but it's no Miami.

I just wanted to see the hustle&bustle of Wisconsin and I know even party-crazed MSU hibernates a little when it's cold.

I'm definitely looking forward to visiting Madison though. Everyone who's been there raves about it.

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 05:37:19 PM »
is it just me..................or is anyone else madddddddddddddddd nervous about this weekend.  i've wanted to go to law school forever, but now, i'm getting those "day before you get married" jitters!!!  like...."hhhhhholy sh*t, it's actually happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o