Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC v. UT  (Read 4757 times)

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
Re: USC v. UT
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
sorry to hear that! I can't even really be that selfishly pleased about it since they're both two schools I'd like to get off the wait list (although UT wins hands down)

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 10:57:08 AM »
sorry to hear that! I can't even really be that selfishly pleased about it since they're both two schools I'd like to get off the wait list (although UT wins hands down)

and I'm sorry to say that I'll most likely selfishly hold on to both for a while, since I have to make sure hubby's job transfer goes through before I withdraw from UT, and we won't know until June.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »

and I'm sorry to say that I'll most likely selfishly hold on to both for a while, since I have to make sure hubby's job transfer goes through before I withdraw from UT, and we won't know until June.

don't be. no one should feel obligated to withdraw. anyway, it's not like your one withdrawal will make the difference. And at least in Texas' case, I'm in it for the long haul, so whenever you decide to withdraw will benefit me just as much (which is not a whole lot at all).

redacted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »
Bump.  Where are the SC trolls?

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 11:53:28 PM »
Haha, this is an awesome concept and the accompanying av is great.
Attending: UT.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)
Waitlisted: Columbia, Duke, Michigan, UCLA

Life During Wartime

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 11:55:49 PM »
"WHAT ABOUT IT IS TERRIBLE?  THE WORDS, OR THE CONCEPT OF THE TROLL ITSELF?"

Sorry, it wasn't really that bad, that's why I deleted the post.

Nooteboom

• Waitin' for the mail(wo)man...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 12:01:30 AM »
WHAT ABOUT IT IS TERRIBLE?  THE WORDS, OR THE CONCEPT OF THE TROLL ITSELF?

This is funny...very clever, GWCS... :D

Sunshine Bound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 12:49:35 AM »
Bump.  Where are the SC trolls?

darn! I was just gonna put up my subtle SC troll post and now you've ruined it!

anyways, I 1000% agree with capslock-stuck girl. LA rules.

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »
This is cross-posted with the USC '10 Thread. Anyway.

Went and visited USC. Only stayed for two days, but Los Angeles is awesome. The neighborhood right around USC is much nicer than what I originally expected, though I'd still aim to live in one of the beach cities if I could afford it / swing the commute for my first year.

USC's campus is gorgeous. Everyone there seems really friendly and it is one of the better looking campuses I've ever been on, and I've been on a lot. The Musick Law Building itself is an eye-sore compared to the rest of the campus, which is unfortunate, but the interior is pretty nice. Nothing stunning, but nothing completely ugly either. Much of the inside has been renovated.

The admissions staff were great and seemed pretty confident in their school. Tour guide was cool too, and most of the kids looking at the school seemed pretty nice. Sat in on a class which was by far the best experience of the day; the class was really interesting, the professor was engaging and, to reiterate a sentiment reflected elsewhere, the students are really laid-back. Before class, everyone is standing up, making jokes and so on, and even when the professor is around everyone knows each other by first names and makes jokes, including the instructor himself.

The school is small and it shows. Everyone seems to know each other (though there were a lot less people then normal there since it was Friday).

Either way, this is making the decision between USC and UT even harder. Next week I'll visit UT; hopefully that clears things up. Also, the scholarship situation could very well make the decision.
Accepted: BC, BU ($$), Emory ($$$), Fordham ($), U. Iowa, Notre Dame ($$), USC ($$), UT, Tulane ($$$$)

Nasche

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-Tar for ASWs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »
Also, USC has a higher median starting salary, for both public and private practice, than UT. I'm assuming this is because cost of living in Texas is also lower than California; am I right?