Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Regent University Law is the most powereful Law School in America???  (Read 7574 times)

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
  • All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
Re: Regent University Law is the most powereful Law School in America???
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2007, 10:24:52 AM »
It's called "politics." Just wait until we get a new president, his/her preference may be students from Boston University or Boalt.

I'd be surprised to learn that the top students at Harvard and Yale would want to make a living for such a meager sum of money anyway.

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2007, 11:40:01 AM »
It's called "politics." Just wait until we get a new president, his/her preference may be students from Boston University or Boalt.

I'd be surprised to learn that the top students at Harvard and Yale would want to make a living for such a meager sum of money anyway.

"politics?"  don't make me laugh.  there's nothing "politics" about intentionally not hiring the best and the brightest.  and quite frankly, there are a lot of top students who would give up money for the opportunity to actually do something beneficial for society, and they're not given a chance because the retards* in this administration care more about their agenda than anything else.  quite frankly, these fuckers HATE america and when they get voted out of office it'll be a great day for the country. 

*i shouldn't have used the term "retards" since that's rather insensitive to those who are actually developmentally disabled, and to those who have loved ones who are developmentally disabled.  however, it flows better and if you're genuinely offended, i apologize for taking liberties.

[/rant]

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
  • All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »
No, I'm not okay with it regardless of the leanings of the president.
But it's the way it works.
Just like this firing of U.S. Attorneys. It should be a non-story!
They serve at the pleasure of the administration.
I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's the way it is.
(Just for the record, I am very much against the current administration.)

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2007, 02:31:21 PM »
(Just for the record, I am very much against the current administration.)

for this i shall be more forgiving.

however, "it's the way it works" isn't a justification for anything.  at one point in our history, angry mobs would get together and lynch black people and that was "the way it worked."  that didn't make it right.

and as for the US attorneys, it would have been one thing if they just didn't share the president's policies.  i originally didn't think that it was a big deal, since that seemed to be what the administration was saying.  now it looks like the president's "policies" were to use the attorneys to go after political opponents.  that's not valid in any sense of the word.

i'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of the biskupic hearing.

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2007, 02:47:36 PM »
The Regent thread is back? Fantastic news for all parties involved.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:40 PM »
Just like this firing of U.S. Attorneys. It should be a non-story!

even if "story" that they did this to faciliate bogus voter fraud prosecutions of democrats?  and not even democrats deny gump's constitutional power here, but that different issue from exposing his motives, much less lying of government lawyers;  public has right to know.

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2007, 03:02:15 PM »
I've been off the boards for about a week or so...can't believe this thread is still kickin'... :D

I just used the link posted on here to watch the Maher bashing of Regent...priceless.  And well worth it. 

I was going to say something about it being sad that Regent is in Virginia...it sucks that the only 2 law schools in my home state that I probably had a chance of going to (not that I applied) was Regent and Liberty.  (I s'pose I had a chance at Richmond, but I didn't apply there either.)  Oh well...I think UVA, W&M, and W&L, not to mention the countless Northern VA schools redeem the state... ;)

LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State