Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Regent University Law is the most powereful Law School in America???  (Read 7722 times)

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Regent University Law is the most powereful Law School in America???
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
If you want to be a World-Changing Christian leader, try to bump your LSAT up a couple of points and go to BC or ND, where you can enjoy an adult beverage, drop an f-bomb, and maybe, God willing, even get laid every once in a great while.

ND and BC and GT and Villanova, etc. are Catholic. A good protestant would never subject themselves to that.

Besides, while Catholic schools won't necessarily kick you out for all of that stuff in the Regent handbook, they definitely poo-poo it just the same.

Besides, a good Christian World-Changing leader (in theory) wouldn't want to "get laid" via pre-marital sex or any of the other fun stuff you mentioned.

Tell that to MLK (loved the ladies), Winston Chirchill (loved Scotch and Cigars), or Pope John Paul (cursed like a drunken sailor). Even Jimmy Carter had lust in his heart.

rojo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
If you want to be a World-Changing Christian leader, try to bump your LSAT up a couple of points and go to BC or ND, where you can enjoy an adult beverage, drop an f-bomb, and maybe, God willing, even get laid every once in a great while.

ND and BC and GT and Villanova, etc. are Catholic. A good protestant would never subject themselves to that.

Besides, while Catholic schools won't necessarily kick you out for all of that stuff in the Regent handbook, they definitely poo-poo it just the same.

BC does not poo-poo any of that and I think the Catholics feel out of place.  If you're looking to law school to help you become a world changing leader, go to HYS.
I'm often wrong

rojo - seriously, if and when I have boyfriend problems, I'm coming to you.

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
  • All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 09:36:38 PM »

LOL, as a Protestant, I don't really care.
ND is a "secular Christian" school, in my opinion.
Religion isn't worked into the curriculum like it is at Regent, from what I can tell.

Besides, a good Christian World-Changing leader (in theory) wouldn't want to "get laid" via pre-marital sex or any of the other fun stuff you mentioned.

Ha! Touché! I agree. :D

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 09:49:18 PM »

Religion isn't worked into the curriculum like it is at Regent, from what I can tell.

How wildly depressing. Is that avatar intentionally ironic?

VAINGLORIOUS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 09:53:08 PM »

ND and BC and GT and Villanova, etc. are Catholic. A good protestant would never subject themselves to that.[/quote]

[/quote]

A good Anglican doesn't deign to distinguish between lunatic Papists and in-bred Evangelicals.
I buy and sell people like you.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2007, 10:47:07 PM »

BC does not poo-poo any of that and I think the Catholics feel out of place.  If you're looking to law school to help you become a world changing leader, go to HYS.

Oh? BC sells condoms in the campus store?
VIP.

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »

I have casual sex with with girls from BC. HTH!

Alan Shore

• Sr. Citizen
  • All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2007, 11:11:18 PM »

How wildly depressing. Is that avatar intentionally ironic?

LOL, no, it's the truth. I'm a wait-for-marriage guy.
And Boston Legal is just one of the best TV shows ever created.

rojo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »

Does not logically follow.
I'm often wrong

rojo - seriously, if and when I have boyfriend problems, I'm coming to you.

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 02:44:12 AM »
Well...FWIW...and IMHO if you want to "change the world" you'd be better off without the religious chip on your shoulder I'm sure a school with distaste and intolerance of others with opposing views will push on you. 

I personally would rather jump off of a building than sit in a class with a 10 minute introductory prayer to the constitutional law class--I'm sure 1st amendment discussions there are truly stimulating.  (smell the sarcasm, please)

I won't even touch on what a PP said about the school's beliefs...I'll just get angry.
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State