Law School Discussion

Regent University Law is the most powereful Law School in America???

This is wrong.

• Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
Re: Regent University Law is the most powereful Law School in America???
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2007, 06:26:13 PM »
check it out, debunking evolution isn't worth the effort.  just say you don't believe in it and you get the same amusing emotional responses without doing all the work.

Yeah, but this way I show I actually have a point, rather than saying, "I belive this is the way it is and that's that!" (Which would prove my previous point about superiority complexes.)

Do you have peanut butter?  Then there's no evolution!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504

That gets you an A at regent and a guaranteed gov't job and pardon.

I actually don't like peanut butter. :-/

points are seriously overrated.  saying this is the way it is and that's that is a LOT more entertaining.

and entertainment is what's important.

for the record: evolution = myth

deal with it you slackers.

mugatu

• I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2007, 06:42:26 PM »
Horrified tag for later.

Seconded.

::goes back to read::

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »
I really like how the carbon dating papers were from more than 20 years ago.  :D

This is wrong.

• Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2007, 07:00:47 PM »
I really like how the carbon dating papers were from more than 20 years ago.  :D

you actually looked?  wtf dude, you should be studying for finals or something.  why are you posting on lsd when it should be crunch time for you?

for that matter, why am i posting?

::ponders::

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2007, 07:01:49 PM »

you actually looked?  wtf dude, you should be studying for finals or something.  why are you posting on lsd when it should be crunch time for you?

for that matter, why am i posting?

::ponders::

It was in the post...

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2007, 10:30:56 PM »
I don't think it's particularly inconsistent.  Your view is the Catholic view, anyway.

What I like to remind people is that the old testament was written before anyone knew anything.  Fire, wheels, stacking blocks, farming.  That's about it.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
Do you have peanut butter?  Then there's no evolution!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I honestly don't know what to say. If no human being has ever seen something happen, then we can never definitively prove it happened, we can only guess.

NOW, we do have evidence. Evidence from selective breeding  shows that genetic selection conducted by humans, can create new animals -- there are hundreds of breeds of dogs, and most domestic livestock have been modified through selective breeding to be very different from their ancestors.

Does this show that evolution has occurred? No. What it does do, is show that evolution is plausible.

There is ample evidence of evolution regardless of how well carbon-dating works. We know this: Fossils pre-date both living things and the recently deceased. We know this because fossils are dead, and recently deceased animals do not immediately turn into fossils.

Ok? Agreed?

So, if we find a fossil of a dinosaur with feathers, we can perhaps ask ourselves, "could birds be descended from dinosaurs?" Further evidence of the dinosaur bones, showing similar structure to avian species of today may further confirm that suspicion...

Hell, we'ver even created whole new species through selective breeding (not that it proves that it happens in nature...).

You'd make a bad prosecutor if you don't believe in evolution though, because not believing in evolution ultimately amounts to a denial of genetics. A denial of genetics would make it hard for you to uphold DNA evidence in court, wouldn't it.

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2007, 01:12:10 AM »

Actually, I carbon-dated them... they were from 21 years ago.

Don't you mean 21,000 years ago?

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2007, 01:13:57 AM »
Don't you mean 21,000 years ago?

Nope, the papers were from 21 years ago.  I checked.   ;)

:D  False science!

Alan Shore

• All reality. None of it scripted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2007, 03:47:30 AM »

You'd make a bad prosecutor if you don't believe in evolution though, because not believing in evolution ultimately amounts to a denial of genetics. A denial of genetics would make it hard for you to uphold DNA evidence in court, wouldn't it.

Good thing I don't want to go into criminal law! ;)

'Tis only fair, I like how  "ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES: By Means of Natural Selection or The Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life" is from 148 years ago! :D    

(I am loving the new lightness of this thread.)