Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Non-trad ASL PASO?  (Read 661 times)

Java Man

• Good to the Last Drop!
    • View Profile
Non-trad ASL PASO?
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »
I intentionally placed this on 2 threads for more exposure.  I wanted to gather some non-trad feedback as well.

With an awful GPA & LSAT, I decided to withdraw almost all of my 2007 applications.  Then, I get a provisional acceptance to Appalachian School of Law.  I am a non-traditional, married with kids, decent job, mortgage, etc. etc.  So this is a very serious decision.

Does anyone know anything about ASLís PASO program or ASL?  Number invited vs. number accepted?  Is it a game or is it the real deal?  It is 3-weeks online and 1-week in house.  All of the research I did placed ASL near the top of my list of regional schools that I would attend or could attend.  Their ADR is very respectable.  Etc.

Here is the link that explains it in more detail:

http://www.asl.edu/article.php?story_id=171&cmd=verbose

Thanks in advance,

JM
Counting Beans? (137 / 144 / ?)

Java Man

• Good to the Last Drop!
    • View Profile
Re: Non-trad ASL PASO?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:10:17 PM »
It is a conditional admit.  Depending on how well you do in the class.  That's what so hard about these "provisional acceptances", no clue.  At least 3-weeks of this one is online and I have access to the law book now.  But what is expected during the 1-week on campus portion?

Shoot...I had written off the entire 2007 cycle.  But this is a school I wanted to attend.

Thanks,

Counting Beans? (137 / 144 / ?)

Texas2L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Non-trad ASL PASO?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »