Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What school gets the most online hate?  (Read 6575 times)

George Sr.

• I have the worst f-cking attorneys
    • View Profile
Re: What school gets the most online hate?
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 02:37:03 PM »
I'm relatively new to LSD, but I think Regent's University Law School is deserving of some hate.  Pat Robertson's T4 law school has placed 150 in the federal government since Bush was inaugurated.  I doubt T14's have a better rate of placement.

The current attorney pleading the fifth amendment in the attorney firings investigations is also a Regent's grad.

I guess all those wanting to be conservative hack attorneys schilling for Karl Rove have great options at Regent's though, if that's your thing.

I'm sure the whole fundamentalist whacko Christian thing helps a whole lot with placement in the Bush administration.
It's also easier to get your White House Counsels to sign off on your policies when they  have that Regent emphasis on faith rather than that T-14 emphasis on logic and reason.

Let's see if any of those Regent grads are retained with any non-born again POTUS.
Look, I just need something to read. Pop-pop gets a Grisham?

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 03:06:57 PM »
I know T3's and T4's were already mentioned but one school that has a whole website devoted to its bashing is Cal Western School of Law. I think it was a myspace page someone started that grew into a website to which everyone that had a "bad experience" with Cal Western contributed. It was mentioned in one of the earlier posts here.

For those non-ABA accredited ones... Liberty University School of Law had a lovely thread devoted to it earlier, but mainly for its "Rules."

Just my 2.
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

nowitzski

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 03:50:51 PM »
There is legitimate criticism and illegitimate criticism.  The following schools stand out in my mind:

1. Chicago: Legit in that it is cold and difficult, illegit in that people seem to be convinced that USNWR matters to the extent that UChi gets shafted bigtime.

2. Penn: Legit in that it is wildly overrated and gaming rankings, illegit in that...well...actually Penn sucks, every criticism I've seen is acceptable.

3. UVA: legit in that C-Ville is pretty lame, but illegit in academic criticism or quality - essentially UVA is really high quality and people forget this to bash softball playing and polo shirts

4. Mich: Legit in that it's cold and in the midwest and near detroit.  Illegit in some placement criticisms - when this difference is probably more through self selection than quality/prestige.

5. Gtown: legit in that it is big and away from main campus, illegit in that people forget great proximity to incredible legal market - especially public sector opportunities. 

Overall, UChi gets the most unfair criticism in my opinion.

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2007, 05:18:59 PM »

2. Penn: Legit in that it is wildly overrated and gaming rankings, illegit in that...well...actually Penn sucks, every criticism I've seen is acceptable.

see, my point proven.

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2007, 05:45:32 PM »
I think people don't like NYU and Penn because they don't understand the New York obsession. They clearly have not been to NYC.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 06:02:14 PM »
I think people don't like NYU and Penn because they don't understand the New York obsession. They clearly have not been to NYC.

Ahh logical fallacies.

I think you're right about why some people don't like NYU, but to assume that anyone who dislikes New York doesn't know New York is ridiculous.

nowitzski

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »

see, my point proven.

I totally considered this consequence, but decided to post anyway for entertainment sake.

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »

see, my point proven.

I totally considered this consequence, but decided to post anyway for entertainment sake.

ehh, if it was funny, i'd let it slide but..ehhh

AlphaBusey

• Sr. Citizen
  • SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2007, 11:54:43 PM »
I know T3's and T4's were already mentioned but one school that has a whole website devoted to its bashing is Cal Western School of Law. I think it was a myspace page someone started that grew into a website to which everyone that had a "bad experience" with Cal Western contributed. It was mentioned in one of the earlier posts here.

For those non-ABA accredited ones... Liberty University School of Law had a lovely thread devoted to it earlier, but mainly for its "Rules."

Just my 2.

One time, as a drinking game, we looked at Liberty's rules, called "The Liberty Way".  Everyone had to tally up how many times they estimated they'd broken each rule.  The total number was then translated into how many sips of beer you had to take.  Needless to say, that was a very rough night for everyone involved.
UVA '10

My generation's for sale
Beats a steady job.
How much have you got?
My generation don't trust no one
Its hard to blame
Not even ourselves.
The thing that's real for us is: fortune and fame,
All the rest seems like work.
Its just like Diamonds
In *&^%.- Queens of the Stone Age

AlphaBusey

• Sr. Citizen
  • SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 12:03:47 AM »

One time, as a drinking game, we looked at Liberty's rules, called "The Liberty Way".  Everyone had to tally up how many times they estimated they'd broken each rule.  The total number was then translated into how many sips of beer you had to take.  Needless to say, that was a very rough night for everyone involved.

How many people had crawled in the space above the ceiling?

I don't think we ever even hit that.  We literally spent three hours on "Drinking alcohol or consorting with individuals who are drinking".
UVA '10

My generation's for sale
Beats a steady job.
How much have you got?
My generation don't trust no one
Its hard to blame
Not even ourselves.
The thing that's real for us is: fortune and fame,
All the rest seems like work.
Its just like Diamonds
In *&^%.- Queens of the Stone Age