Law School Discussion

What school gets the most online hate?

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
Re: What school gets the most online hate?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 09:46:56 AM »
I have read more "WTF? Iowa" and "Why Iowa" and "What's the deal with Iowa" threads than I can remember. Not sure if it qualifies as hate, really, but more like skepticism. People seem to hate it because they think it doesn't deserve to be ranked higher than their schools, which usually have higher LSAT scores.

That qualifies as HATERATION....

Add to that list, BYU

CoxlessPair loves hating on the Mormons

So should I conclude that I am personally responsible for nearly 50% of all the law schools getting a raw deal on this board?

Iowa and BYU suck. Sue me.

I'd say closer to 35%

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

This is HILARIOUS to me....

1. Do you know where my undergad degree is from?
2. Did you discount the fact I can actually WRITE (aka Personal Statement)
3. SOFT FACTORS!!!!

I didn't mention everything I've done on LSN

Peace out, dawg.

lol, nuff said ;)

If it was purely a numbers game, we'd just replace Adcomms with computers.

Wrong. There'd be no application process, since we'd already know which schools we were getting into. Just send the deposit check and show up in August.

I have a clarification and counter-argument ready, however...  I don't want to turn this into another "online" debacle, so I will yield the point :P

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 09:47:41 AM »
I have read more "WTF? Iowa" and "Why Iowa" and "What's the deal with Iowa" threads than I can remember. Not sure if it qualifies as hate, really, but more like skepticism. People seem to hate it because they think it doesn't deserve to be ranked higher than their schools, which usually have higher LSAT scores.

Add to that list, BYU

So should I conclude that I am personally responsible for nearly 50% of all the law schools getting a raw deal on this board?

I'd say closer to 35%

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

3. SOFT FACTORS!!!!

Peace out, dawg.

lol, nuff said ;)

Wrong. There'd be no application process, since we'd already know which schools we were getting into. Just send the deposit check and show up in August.

I have a clarification and counter-argument ready, however...  I don't want to turn this into another "online" debacle, so I will yield the point :P

You have better things to do?

Journeyman

• The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 09:49:01 AM »
The last 3 months wouldn't of been nearly as much fun without adcomms

AlphaBusey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:09 AM »

Add to that list, BYU

I'd say closer to 35%

3. SOFT FACTORS!!!!

Peace out, dawg.

lol, nuff said ;)

You have better things to do?

Of course not.  I'm at work.  I just don't want to shut down this thread.  No one's bit yet, but this topic's perfect to incite some serious flaming and trollery.  I was looking forward to getting some popcorn and settling down.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 09:53:23 AM »
Man up, son.

Journeyman

• The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »
Man up, son.

Johnny, this is why you need to go to UVA. 

**grabbing bag of popcorn**

AlphaBusey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 09:58:50 AM »
Man up, son.

Johnny, this is why you need to go to UVA. 

**grabbing bag of popcorn**

He's going to UVA.  He's like the freshman girl who got asked to prom.  "I don't know.  Maybe.  I'm not sure if I should go.  My parents say you're a bad person..." ok, anyway, the point is, he hems and haws, dances around, what have you.  But I'll be seeing him in C'ville come August.

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 10:01:40 AM »
I'm relatively new to LSD, but I think Regent's University Law School is deserving of some hate.  Pat Robertson's Tier 4 law school has placed 150 in the federal government since Bush was inaugurated.  I doubt T14's have a better rate of placement.

The current attorney pleading the fifth amendment in the attorney firings investigations is also a Regent's grad.

I guess all those wanting to be conservative hack attorneys schilling for Karl Rove have great options at Regent's though, if that's your thing.

Journeyman

• The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 10:06:43 AM »
I'm relatively new to LSD, but I think Regent's University Law School is deserving of some hate.  Pat Robertson's T4 law school has placed 150 in the federal government since Bush was inaugurated.  I doubt T14's have a better rate of placement.

The current attorney pleading the fifth amendment in the attorney firings investigations is also a Regent's grad.

I guess all those wanting to be conservative hack attorneys schilling for Karl Rove have great options at Regent's though, if that's your thing.

Not my thing!

In fact Regent gets more than online hate.... My buddy who goes there hated on it in person!

AlphaBusey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »
I'm relatively new to LSD, but I think Regent's University Law School is deserving of some hate.  Pat Robertson's T4 law school has placed 150 in the federal government since Bush was inaugurated.  I doubt T14's have a better rate of placement.

So where do you want to go if you want to be an attorney schilling for Willie Nelson?  Because I think that'd be a prime gig.  Well paying, with benefits. 

"Your honor, the marijuana in question was grown within the state itself.  And as the tour bus had not yet left the state, the Inter-state Commerce Act does not apply..."  I can see it now! ;)