Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Akron Full Scholarship +10K stipend (contingent on 3.3 --top 10%)  (Read 265 times)

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
I'm shooting for JAG.

It was just St. Thomas $$$ vs. Indiana $:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php?topic=85134.0

I definately underachieved (*cough* didn't do sh|t *cough*) in undergrad, and this could serve as some really sadistic motivation... but based on LSN it appears that they give the scholarship to a lot of students.  My guess is that it'd be wicked competitive.

The St. Thomas money is no strings attached, and if the JAG thing doesn't work out, I like the twin cities.

Thoughts?

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Akron Full Scholarship +10K stipend (contingent on 3.3 --top 10%)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:54:53 PM »
Sounds like a great opportunity, but almost too good to be true considering the competitive nature of law school (not based on your ability to do well, of course).

Might be better if you know someone at Akron or look for student orgs on their website and contact their SBA president and find out if a 3.3 is realistic?

Good luck!
Everday I'm HUSL'in

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:17:37 PM »
Sounds like a great opportunity, but almost too good to be true considering the competitive nature of law school (not based on your ability to do well, of course).

Might be better if you know someone at Akron or look for student orgs on their website and contact their SBA president and find out if a 3.3 is realistic?

Good luck!

A 3.3 is certainly realistic - just not for 90% of the class (if it does equate to top 10%).

This should be Indiana 25K vs. St. Thomas 60K vs. Akron w/ one year of tuition + stipend - don't assume you'll keep the scholarship if the standards are so high.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:49:16 AM »
A 3.3 is certainly realistic - just not for 90% of the class (if it does equate to top 10%).
The fine print on the scholarship does say that a 3.3 usually equates to the top 10%. 

This should be Indiana 25K vs. St. Thomas 60K vs. Akron w/ one year of tuition + stipend
I fixed your post.

I've thought about it a lot, but at no time today did I really think I'd chose Akron of St. Thomas with that scholarship plan.