;

Poll

Two free rides... what do I choose?

CU Boulder
 16 (80%)
St. John's
 4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: CU Boulder ($$$) vs. St. John's ($$$)??  (Read 3096 times)

boj4242

• View Profile
Re: CU Boulder ($$$) vs. St. John's ($$$)??
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 05:12:49 PM »
how did you get the parking pass, and how much did it cost?  while i have not made my choice about where to attend, colorado is in my final 4...so, i got the email describing the sale, but i have no CU identification number, and did not know how to proceed. any details would be appreciated.

thanks.

deedeebarber

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 05:16:01 PM »
how did you get the parking pass, and how much did it cost?  while i have not made my choice about where to attend, colorado is in my final 4...so, i got the email describing the sale, but i have no CU identification number, and did not know how to proceed. any details would be appreciated.

thanks.

Hey, in order to get a parking permit you need to register on the parking site, which requires that ID no. You'll only get that though if you at least verbally commit to enrolling at CU. If you plan to get a permit (and obviously go to CU) you should really do it as soon as possible, as I've heard I might be one of the lucky ones to get a permit (they sell out very fast). It cost me $323, which is a lot, but judging by the fact that their website was overloaded and actually crashed several times this morning as soon as the sale went on, it's worth it.

boj4242

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »

Hey, in order to get a parking permit you need to register on the parking site, which requires that ID no. You'll only get that though if you at least verbally commit to enrolling at CU. If you plan to get a permit (and obviously go to CU) you should really do it as soon as possible, as I've heard I might be one of the lucky ones to get a permit (they sell out very fast). It cost me $323, which is a lot, but judging by the fact that their website was overloaded and actually crashed several times this morning as soon as the sale went on, it's worth it.

well, that sucks! i haven't made a final choice and i'm not rich enough to spend $500 (deposit + parking) on a school that i may not attend. i'm glad at least someone around here was lucky enough to do so, but i just can't stand the fact that they do this sale before the deposit deadline (i.e. you really have to deposit $500 or so in order to have a seat and a good parking pass).  oh well, thanks anyway for the fast response and hopefully i'll join and see u there.

my only real concern is similar to yours (portability of the school). yet, i'm out-of-state and love the fact that getting state residency is possible.