Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This semester, "D" is for Diploma  (Read 715 times)

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
This semester, "D" is for Diploma
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:52:36 PM »
Blue, you can go ahead and get mad that I'm not studying. It's just for this one little post.

Here's the thing, folks -- I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ANYMORE!
Before the semester ends, I need to: finish senior thesis, PRESENT senior thesis, write two term papers, write 5 OTHER papers, and study for all my exams. And I just cant get myself to get any work done! I started the semester wanting to raise my GPA by .013 of a point, but now I'm spouting a new mantra:

"D" is for "Diploma"!!

Case in Point: I have a really hard exam in my International Political Economy class in about 1.5 hours. Despite staying up really late last night and despite coming into the library early this morning, I have gotten about 15 - 20 mins of REAL studying done. It's depressing, but I just can't concentrate!

Who's with me? Tell me your stories! Make me feel better! And then proudly take up your new mantra and chant, D is for Diploma!

(This one's for you Illini07 ... you and your wine appreciation and gardening classes!! Gaah!)

keepitsimple

• Sr. Citizen
  • What else we doing here?
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: This semester, "D" is for Diploma
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 06:20:06 PM »
Wrote a 12 page paper 3.5 hours before it was do. Lets just say it is not my best work..

D is for Diploma

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:48:52 PM »
Hey now, wine appreciation and vegetable gardening are significantly more nuanced and complex than I previously thought.

Well, kinda...

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:51:34 PM »
tsk, tsk, tsk

Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

Nimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 04:50:07 AM »
You want to know the benefit of going to a huge state school instead of say, Rice University?  I had two majors and did not need any kind of senior thesis for either, or for the school's general graduation requirements.  The history people made me take a seminar at least, but my Poli Sci department (one of the best grad departments in the country) was the biggest wank around.  No thesis, no seminar.  If you had your 30 credits and 15 were upper level you got your diploma, they didn't give a crap what you took.

So that was pretty nice for my final semester.

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 04:59:20 AM »
I have a few such experiences, but most end positively. I came in late to an exam once and cranked out 4.5 pages in 20 minutes. Got a 97 on it too.  :)

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »
I had a 5 page essay due last wednesday and guess when I did it?  On wednesday.  I can't seem to help it silentswirl...I feel the same way...I have the "itch" or "senioritis" whatever you call it.  I was starting to get scared I was just getting sick of school (not good for the future law student) but I think it's this place and the fact that we're oh so close to getting the big "D".  (I've been working towards that big "D" for 10 years...so I REALLY can't wait for May!) 

I have a paper due tonight and haven't started yet...and if I don't jump in the shower in the next 5 min, I'll be late to my first class.  Ugh.  So not motivated this semester.  I had hopes of bumping my gpa up too...now all I care about is graduating. 

Will law schools drop you if your gpa goes down on your final transcripts?  They don't do that, right??  :-\
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

ipso facto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »
I made a 57 on a corporate taxation exam last week. I now have to get C's or better on my remaining two tests to graduate and I still don't feel like studying. Boo
I was talking to preachy preach about kissy kiss...

Michigan Law 2010

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »
:D :D :D  All of your stories are great. At least I don't feel like the only loser who just can't seem to get it together this semester!!!

More, please!!!

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »
:D :D :D  All of your stories are great. At least I don't feel like the only loser who just can't seem to get it together this semester!!!

More, please!!!

i got an A on a midterm last night that i barely studied for.

whoops, that didnt help, did it?

:P
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?