Law School Discussion

Online LSAT Courses ?

Online LSAT Courses ?
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »
Which LSAT prep courses would you recommend to someone thatís completely unfamiliar with this test ? I have had zero exposure to it; I had thought of taken the June test, but I donít think that this would be too wise.  Someone has recommended test masters, but their week-end courses can only be taken just a week prior the actual test? I fear that this will not get me enough preparation, and considering that law schools average LSAT scores, I am leery of taking that route. I was thinking of a reputable online class but not Kaplan, or Princeton, it seems I keep hearing bad stories on these classes

Re: Online LSAT Courses ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 01:11:54 AM »
I don't know too much about online courses, but I haven't heard good things about weekend courses.  I am in a 8 week class, and I don't think that it would be possible to adequately prepare someone in two or three days. 

I was just wondering why you are more interested in an online course, than an actual live class? 

Re: Online LSAT Courses ?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »
I took Kaplan Extreme, which is an 8 week live class, and went from a 144 on my first practice to a 161 on the actual test. I highly recommend a live class because the teacher you have will make all the difference. My teacher happened to be particularly good so that might explain the increase to some degree.