Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Online LSAT Courses ?  (Read 1500 times)

Afro European

• View Profile
    • Email
Online LSAT Courses ?
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:44:04 PM »
Which LSAT prep courses would you recommend to someone that’s completely unfamiliar with this test ? I have had zero exposure to it; I had thought of taken the June test, but I don’t think that this would be too wise.  Someone has recommended test masters, but their week-end courses can only be taken just a week prior the actual test? I fear that this will not get me enough preparation, and considering that law schools average LSAT scores, I am leery of taking that route. I was thinking of a reputable online class but not Kaplan, or Princeton, it seems I keep hearing bad stories on these classes
“He who does not know you, will not value you”

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Online LSAT Courses ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 03:11:54 AM »
I don't know too much about online courses, but I haven't heard good things about weekend courses.  I am in a 8 week class, and I don't think that it would be possible to adequately prepare someone in two or three days. 

I was just wondering why you are more interested in an online course, than an actual live class? 

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Online LSAT Courses ?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »
I took Kaplan Extreme, which is an 8 week live class, and went from a 144 on my first practice to a 161 on the actual test. I highly recommend a live class because the teacher you have will make all the difference. My teacher happened to be particularly good so that might explain the increase to some degree.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN