Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford ASW go Go GO!  (Read 7623 times)

letylyf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford ASW go Go GO!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2007, 12:08:22 AM »
Well, if you do go to Stanford, you have to take the folder with you to remind yourself of how much you're missing out on ;)

nerdphanie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2007, 12:15:02 AM »
surge, I just noticed your sig.  You watch project runway?  We have to make that a weekly thing.
mike, if you don't come, I'm going to cry.  In my depression, I might be forced to have an abortion.  If you won't save yourself, at least think of me!  And the children!

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2007, 12:31:01 AM »
surge, I just noticed your sig.  You watch project runway?  We have to make that a weekly thing.
mike, if you don't come, I'm going to cry.  In my depression, I might be forced to have an abortion.  If you won't save yourself, at least think of me!  And the children!

I love Project Runway. Tim Gunn is my hero. Abortions are not my hero.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2007, 04:02:12 AM »
Nerdphanie-- Instead of aborting, you can always send the children out to Stanford to live with me.  If I have a few, I can qualify for EV family housing!
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

jadecrane

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »
Are you still seriously considering Harvard mike?
SLS 2011 (1 yr deferral)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »
Nope, Harvard is way too big for me and Boston is too cold (no offense). 

So what ultimately made you change your mind?  When we talked during ASW, you seemed pretty convinced about going to Harvard next year.

jadecrane

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »
You're remembering the conversation at lunch and not dinner. By the end of the day on Saturday I was convinced that I would be happier at Stanford. I had liked Harvard a lot when I visited but I liked Stanford a lot more. I like the small class size and the access to the professors. The students all seemed really happy. I also agree about Boston being too cold. I never want to move back to the East Coast again.
SLS 2011 (1 yr deferral)

nerdphanie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 01:49:39 PM »
mike, I had a DREAM last night that you changed your mind and were leaning towards YLS.  This is HAUNTING me!!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
You're remembering the conversation at lunch and not dinner. By the end of the day on Saturday I was convinced that I would be happier at Stanford. I had liked Harvard a lot when I visited but I liked Stanford a lot more. I like the small class size and the access to the professors. The students all seemed really happy. I also agree about Boston being too cold. I never want to move back to the East Coast again.

Jadecrane, that's great!  I'm really excited that you're going to be at Stanford!  Throughout the weekend, I was totally rooting for you to change your mind, so I'm glad I remember wrong.  :)

BTW: that dinner conversation was just so hilarious, esp hearing J's experience with rogue squirrels...

Steph, it'll prob be haunting me too soon!  I will be kind of sad not to be in New Haven this fall. =/

jadecrane

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »

Jadecrane, that's great!  I'm really excited that you're going to be at Stanford!  Throughout the weekend, I was totally rooting for you to change your mind, so I'm glad I remember wrong.  :)

BTW: that dinner conversation was just so hilarious, esp hearing J's experience with rogue squirrels...

Steph, it'll prob be haunting me too soon!  I will be kind of sad not to be in New Haven this fall. =/

Oh right, the squirrels...I forgot! I'm excited too even though I'm not starting until 2008. I'm a little freaked out too though. It was a hard decision. Harvard obviously got my withdrawal notice today because I received an email from T. Stock asking why I chose Stanford over Harvard. For some reason it's much easier to explain my decision on those impersonal forms than in a personal email.
SLS 2011 (1 yr deferral)