Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford ASW go Go GO!  (Read 7683 times)

randomfella

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stanford ASW go Go GO!
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2007, 08:15:48 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm a graduating student at SLS and am delighted everyone seemed pleased with the ASW - we certainly enjoyed having you here. If there are any specific questions you have, please feel free to ask. I'll be around this site over the next day or two.

One thing that did occur to me: I chose between HYS and, while it was a difficult choice at the time, I've been immensely grateful ever since. I can't imagine a better place to spend 3 years.

Having read some of the above comments, I'd like to make 2 quick points:

(1) You don't need a car (unless you have a family, of course). I cycle everywhere, and a lot of my classmates do likewise. The weather is typically beautiful, so cyclying around campus and PA is a joy.

(2) You aren't giving anything up academically by choosing SLS (especially over HLS - the opportunities from there are pretty much identical to Stanford). The only shortcoming would be against Yale with regard to clerkships and academia, but I'd like to emphasize that Stanford does extremely well on these two grounds as well. As for law firms, you can have your pick.

Any questions are welcome. Best for now,

Anne Shirley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2007, 11:14:01 PM »
Hey Randomfella, I don't have any questions, but I did think Stanford did a particularly good job with their ASW. I'm excited about attending in the fall. Congrats on your upcoming graduation.
SLS 2010

jadecrane

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 11:30:07 PM »
Hey Randomfella, I don't have any questions, but I did think Stanford did a particularly good job with their ASW. I'm excited about attending in the fall. Congrats on your upcoming graduation.

Anne Shirley, are you definitely choosing Stanford?
SLS 2011 (1 yr deferral)

Anne Shirley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
I'm almost 100% sure about Stanford.  How about you?
SLS 2010

jadecrane

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »
I'm coming but I'll be class of 2011. I have already had a deferral approved. I really loved it.
SLS 2011 (1 yr deferral)

Anne Shirley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2007, 11:53:17 PM »
Congrats, Jadecrane. I loved it too.  I was really impressed with everything.  I have a friend there who's a 3L and who absolutely loved it.  I also met someone who deferred last year but will come in with our class this year.  I wonder if you and I met at ASW.
SLS 2010

jadecrane

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2007, 06:58:32 PM »
We could have. I don't really remember what I was wearing or anything but if you met someone who was asking a lot of questions about deferring and getting jobs in Seattle that was probably me. Did you meet anyone who will be in my class (2011)?
SLS 2011 (1 yr deferral)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »
We could have. I don't really remember what I was wearing or anything but if you met someone who was asking a lot of questions about deferring and getting jobs in Seattle that was probably me. Did you meet anyone who will be in my class (2011)?

I can't remember the details, but I think I met you at the Stanford ASW (unless there is someone else looking to defer and planning on working in Seattle after law school).  So Harvard is out of the picture?
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

jadecrane

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2007, 08:55:46 PM »

I can't remember the details, but I think I met you at the Stanford ASW (unless there is someone else looking to defer and planning on working in Seattle after law school).  So Harvard is out of the picture?

We met a couple of times. I believe we ate lunch and dinner together and we also met in the courtyard outside the law school on the benches.
SLS 2011 (1 yr deferral)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2007, 09:01:03 PM »

We met a couple of times. I believe we ate lunch and dinner together and we also met in the courtyard outside the law school on the benches.

You have a better memory than I do!  Did you go on the same housing tour as I did?  Or did we eat lunch together on Sunday?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just backtracked through your previous posts and think I figured out.  That's awesome that you're coming to Stanford!!!!  I'm kind of sad that you won't be in the class of '10, but deferral sounds good.  Do you have plans already for the upcoming gap year?
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!