Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford ASW go Go GO!  (Read 7410 times)

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford ASW go Go GO!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »
I'll be at Stanford's ASW.  I'm feeling very Stanford-y lately and their ASW schedule looks scrumptious with the minority dinner and regular dessert receptions at professor's homes. It gives the weekend a more personal touch. I really liked Harvard, but I didn't love Harvard. Quality of life is really important to me and I think I might enjoy law school more in a more intimate environment.

I'm definitely looking forward to the minority preview day, especially the trip to San Francisco after the dinner. That should be a lot of fun.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 01:19:48 AM »
I'll be at the Stanford ASW for sure!
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

nerdphanie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 03:30:53 PM »
I'll be there!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 01:44:03 PM »
So are we going to organize a meet time?

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 02:02:54 PM »
Fun and Denny-

I'll definitely be at the Yale ASW. (Denny-hopefully we get a chance to check out apartments and such.)

How are you leaning, Fun? Do you think the ASWs will have any impact on your choice?

I'm leaning toward Yale, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. There were things that I unexpectedly enjoyed about Harvard and I assume Stanford will be the same way.

I'm going to assume that one of those things was me. La la la la.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

baytostay

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 02:36:19 AM »
Hey Admits!  Just wanted to let you all know that we're really excited for you to come.  A committe of 1Ls has been working on putting together a great weekend for you and hope you enjoy it...

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
  • the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »
Fun and Denny-

I'll definitely be at the Yale ASW. (Denny-hopefully we get a chance to check out apartments and such.)

How are you leaning, Fun? Do you think the ASWs will have any impact on your choice?

I'm leaning toward Yale, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. There were things that I unexpectedly enjoyed about Harvard and I assume Stanford will be the same way.

Of course! :D I'm going to e-mail you about next weekend once I have regular internet again.

I signed on quickly to say - Stanford's absolutely amazing. Everyone's just so darn happy 8)
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »
Fun and Denny-

Of course! :D I'm going to e-mail you about next weekend once I have regular internet again.

I signed on quickly to say - Stanford's absolutely amazing. Everyone's just so darn happy 8)

Good to know.  It means I'd probably hate it...

Oh, why am I the way I am?
Yale.Law.School.2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 03:43:01 AM »

I agree!  This is my favorite ASW so far. There is a really sense of community here.  :)

nerdphanie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 11:40:40 PM »
Yaaayyy stanford! I'm getting kind of sold on the whole QOL thing here...it really does seem wonderful.  Going bowling in 20 minutes :D.  Met mike and prolesurge, woohoo!  Maybe I'll see you tonight.