Law School Discussion

LSAT or Internship

LSAT or Internship
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »
Would you recommend that I spend the summer preparing for the LSAT by taking a prep course or should I take the opportunity to intern for a member of Congress?

I know LSAT and GPA are the two most important factors in an application, but...interning for a congressmen seems like a great way to punch up the resume.

What do you all think?

Re: LSAT or Internship
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:16:52 PM »
I did both last summer. studied for the lsat may->june, took the test on the monday, showed up to work in dc on wed.

Also, you can definitely do both, interning in DC is one of the most mindless things I've ever done...you'll be bored out of your mind at home/work and have plenty of time to study if you want to take the test in sep instead of june.

But if for some odd reason you have to pick one or the other, LSAT >>>>>>>>> DC like said above.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 11:50:25 PM »
No reason why you can't do both, you just have to be disciplined about it. That's how I prepared. Worked 8 hrs a day, came home, ate dinner, did 3 practice sections. And that's the way I more or less spent about 2 months of my summer. It's time-consumin and annoying but if you can't force yourself to do this and put in the time, law might not be for you.

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 12:07:02 AM »
If your question is "LSAT or X?"

LSAT will always win, unless X = "winning the powerball"

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 09:01:15 AM »
You should be able to do both - I took a prep course and worked full time.

just call me elle

• pink, puppies, Crimson, and I belong together
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 03:07:44 PM »
seriously - dc internships, especially with congresspeople, are not terribly hard. just be sure to actually dedicate yourself to practice tests. there's so much going on in dc in the summer that that can be the main distraction, but if you're good at motivating yourself you'll be fine.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »
Go for both. This is especially true if you want to work in DC/lobbying/legislature/something similar.

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 05:31:40 PM »
Internship at LSAC

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »
Neither.  Ghostride the whip all day.

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm doing both! Interning full time during the day, and LSAT classes twice a week at night.