Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hispanics are NOT Minorites  (Read 7204 times)

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: Hispanics are NOT Minorites
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »
well, i also speak english, old english, and new age english (slang) so i speak 3 additional languages.

Uh, we can count slang when numbering languages now? Cool, I speak about 100 languages then. Hell that's gonna look awesome on my resume. Oh, and are you one of the idiots who through in a 'thou' every now and then to sound Shakespearean and actually believe that'd Old English, or do you really speak it? If so, proof? ;)

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 11:45:07 PM »
ye olde fashioned ice cream shoppe,

brother, where art thou,

come hither....

c'mon...i got it all down packed  ;)
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 08:09:02 AM »
Except nothing of that is Old English, obviously. Late Middle to Early Modern I'd say, sounds even newer than Chaucer, so... :p Royalty these days obviously need more education.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 11:19:40 AM »
ok, fine you want some old english?

here is a line from the Lord's Prayer

and forgyf us ure gyltas, swa swa we forgyfaš urum gyltendum.

tell me what that says if you are so smart.

and since old english was first written in RUNES, my keyboard does not have the means to type out anything anyways.
of course after the anglos converted to christianity, the latin alphabet was adopted but that's just as quirky.

i speak old english,(the language of beowulf) i speak middle english (chaucer)and early modern english, (shakespeare)

now if i could only conquer old norse...

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 07:02:20 AM »
ok, fine you want some old english?

here is a line from the Lord's Prayer

tell me what that says if you are so smart.

and since old english was first written in RUNES, my keyboard does not have the means to type out anything anyways.
of course after the anglos converted to christianity, the latin alphabet was adopted but that's just as quirky.

i speak old english,(the language of beowulf) i speak middle english (chaucer)and early modern english, (shakespeare)

now if i could only conquer old norse...

You're really good at googling. The fact that you totally screwed up in the first post kinda proves you know *&^% about this. Unlike you, I actually do know this, which is why you made a complete ass of yourself in the previous post. Then again, that seems to be the norm more than the exception for you, so why am I even surprised.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 11:03:49 AM »
As a (dark-skinned) Hispanic I think you're dead wrong here.  First, you're extrapolating your unique experience across an entire group -- part of the largest minority group in America.  That makes your argument specious.  Next, you argue that Hispanics easily pick up third languages.  First, many American-born Hispanics (such as myself) do not speak Spanish!  Forget three languages or more, we can't even speak our native tongue!  Next, even if I were tri-lingual, does that mean that I am more privileged than your hypothetical white kid from the Philly hood?  No.  Most Hispanics in America come from the same urban and underprivileged areas as Blacks.  They face the same problems with regards to poor and underperforming schools, poor health services and medical treatment, and poor parenting, all of which contribute to educational underperformance (especially on standardized tests such as the LSAT).

Hispanics are minorities, even white Hispanics.  Perhaps we would be better suited to revise our racial and ethnic categories.  Most Americans will view Hispanics as Hispanics.  Most Hispanics view Hispanics as either Black, White, Indian, etc.  But until we make that psychic change in society (or even at least on paper), Hispanics should be counted as a minority for the purposes of law school admissions.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »
Everyone (with exception of the worst numbnuts) can easily learn three languages. Or you can do at Yanni does, claim to speak languages and then when being called out on in prove that you have no f-ing idea what you're talking about. I'd recommend actually learning it instead, it will make you look less like a retard. Then again, retards are also under-represented in law school, so maybe Yanni can get in on AA anyway.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 02:36:29 PM »
well, i also speak english, old english, and new age english (slang) so i speak 3 additional languages.

oh yea, and i speak gullah, (shoon boii wuh u say boiii)

so thats 4...

let's see....

i can speak pig latin...thats 5....

so now im up to 7. 

next im going to conquer geechee. 

GULLAHISGEECHEEPWN3D.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 03:19:53 PM »
and forgive us our guilts, so so we forgive our guilty

Just figured I'd take you up on that, since I was bored, and you didn't bother coming back to my criticism of your horribly failed attempt to impress.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 01:05:48 AM »
sorry E some of us have a life outside of lsd...but a the rate of your posts...you probably can't relate- shame!

anyways, you are great at googling, too, imagine that!  also, i speak 3 fluent languages- english, greek and italian, thank you very much. 

and i dont need to prove this to you. and if you are so stuck up your own ass to realize the entire old english/latin references were a joke mocking, say, people like you, then you wouldn't find it so....saucy.  of course i dont speak old english.  who the fcuk does anymore?  idiot!  its OLD english!  moron!

wow, you are amazing E, you really are . . . keep up the great work, you are going to make an excellent attorney.  impressive, e, absolutely impressive.  congrats