Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hispanics are NOT Minorites  (Read 6975 times)

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hispanics are NOT Minorites
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 03:07:34 AM »
with all due respect, would u mind sharing ur lsat gpa with us just for informational purposes.  you got into santa clara, a rather good school.  u must have not done THAT bad...
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 04:56:27 PM »
with all due respect, would u mind sharing ur lsat gpa with us just for informational purposes.  you got into santa clara, a rather good school.  u must have not done THAT bad...

I don't know anyone who knowingly walks into a baited trap.
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 05:47:59 PM »
Never going to get back those two minutes spent reading this thread...SHOOT!
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 05:51:38 PM »
I opened this thread because I thought it said "Hispanics are not Meteorites"

My bad.

U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 04:12:53 AM »
dear naturally,

i am curious if you were saying i was baiting you!  you know i have nothing but love for you baby!  anyways, its cool if you don't want to share, just curious u know, that's all. 

Wunjin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 01:46:13 PM »
It's too late at night to comment on the rest of your post, but I just wanted to point out that a person who speaks English, Spanish, and French does not have 'all of the Americas top to bottom'. There's also that little chunk of land we call Brazil. :)

That said, I'm a hispanic with pretty white skin. Shame on the ad comms if they don't ask for "brown-skinned hispanics" if that's what they really want. They DO ask, however, "White - non-hispanic."  Oh yeah, and I speak English and Spanish fluently, and was able to "latch on" to French when I was young. I speak Italian, too. By my count that's 4, but it still wasn't enough to overcome my cumulative GPA. I don't think I have a point. Just sayin'.

Oh yeah, I am planning to study Portuguese next. That way I really can conquer all of the Americas top to bottom. Haha.

By my count Spanish, Italian and French put together are about 2 languages, at most.  Spanish and Italian are very largely very similar, and Portuguese as you also mentioned, is basically the sister language of Spanish; it wouldn't take much effort at all to learn Portuguese if you're coming from Spanish.  That's like saying you can speak 3 languages because you can speak Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.  Those 3 are probably about 90% the same language.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 01:55:25 PM »
well, i also speak english, old english, and new age english (slang) so i speak 3 additional languages.

oh yea, and i speak gullah, (shoon boii wuh u say boiii)

so thats 4...

let's see....

i can speak pig latin...thats 5....

so now im up to 7. 

next im going to conquer geechee. 

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 10:19:20 AM »
dear naturally,

i am curious if you were saying i was baiting you!  you know i have nothing but love for you baby!  anyways, its cool if you don't want to share, just curious u know, that's all. 

I am also curious as to why you think I think you are baiting me.   ???  Please re-read my post within the context of the question you asked coquita, as this is the second time you have confused me with another when responding in a thread.   :-\

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 12:36:57 AM »
naturally,

the reason is because i had just asked you to disclose your lsat GPA combo and you were the next response and said "i dont know anyone who walks into a baited trap"

i was confused, as i wasn't baiting you for anything, but you never know how someone would take such a request!

anyways, nevermind then!

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 07:31:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply, yanni....

the reason is because i had just asked you coquita to disclose your her lsat GPA combo and you were the next response and said "i dont know anyone who walks into a baited trap"

I fixed the part to which I am referring.  Again, you never asked me anything. Hopefully, it's clear now.  Coquita made a comment, and then you started asking her about her LSAT because it couldn't be "that bad" if she got into school XYZ orsomething like that.  I have seen seemingly innocent questions like this go absolutely nowhere really fast on boards like this, as it's been my experience that nothing she could say would "justify" her acceptance in the eyes of someone who feels it necessary that she do so.  So, in a nutshell, my statement was a comment from the "peanut gallery" to let you know why (a) I wouldn't play the game if I were her, and (b) she might not respond in case you were actually waiting for her to do so. 

Then, you replied to me as if I were coquita, it seemed.  You seemed to think that I had some reason for not disclosing my LSAT/GPA, which is not the case at all and, furthermore, not at all germane to the discussion in the firstplace.  So I felt the need to clarify.  I'm still not sure if you are clear, but hopefully this post is helpful.  In any event, I had to chuckle because it was the second time you have asked me questions about other people's posts in a way that led me to believe that you were confusing me with other posters. 

Anywho, I think nevermind is right...   :P